Jack Jack turned 4! I feel like he has been 4 for awhile because he is huge for one thing and he has grown up so much this past year. We started out the day with Mickey Mouse pancakes and he was so excited. I think this is the first year that he actually "got" that birthdays are awesome and he had so much fun. Daddy wheeled out his bike in the morning and he thought that was pretty cool. We had an awesome party at mom and Mike's with tons of food, slip n slides and too many presents! The coolest part is Aunt Jenni was in town with Kimball, Kyle and Gwenny and him and Kimball's birthdays are just one day apart so they shared an Avengers party! What a great memory! He got so many Avengers stuff- he was in heaven!
Jack is really a sweet tender-hearted boy. He really cares if we "are mad" or sad. He is such a rough and tough kid too! He has this amazing low center of gravity where you can hardly tackle him and he can seriously take me down sometimes! He is really into make believe right now and loves playing with Lydi. He is good to Taylor too- he will read her a story or save a seat for her at the dinner table (he somtimes tackles her or locks her out too- he is an older brother after all) He really surprises sometimes with his reasoning and observations. I knew from the time he was little that if we ever could get this boy talking- he would have a lot to say! He is talking very well. We are working on saying "WE and I" instead of "US and ME" but he does a good job. I love his snuggles and kisses. He always wants to say the prayer and cries if it isn't his turn. I love that about him!
One particular moment I want to remember: I dropped him off at school- it was his second day I think this year. He came up to the gate when I was just about to get in my car. He said "hey mom" so I walked over there and said "whats up bud?" He said "one more kiss" and he leaned his little face against the bars. So I of couse gave him a big smacker, then he said "and knuckles", so we bumped fists and I tried not to let him see me get teary-eyed! This story is a perfect representation of how he is- cool, a little rough, but so tender and sweet. He is our perfect brother, we love him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment