Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Extra Time

Tonight I just took that little bit of extra time with each of my kids:
- rocking Mallory for an extra few minutes though she had fallen asleep in my arms reminded me of how lucky and blessed we are to have her. A healthy infant, so perfect and beautiful straight from Heaven. There is such a sense of peace with having a newborn around. (well when they are sweet and quiet haha)
- talking to Jack post bedtime- he gives the tightest hugs and loves to explain the ins and outs of Digimon. It reminded how adorable he is and how simple and innocent as well. All he wanted was to tell me about his favorite show and have me show interest.
- talking to Lydi post bedtime- I listened to her tell me all about what crafts she wants to do... reminded me of how creative and wonderful she is. I looked at her and saw a teenager in her face (heaven forbid!) and realized how fast the time is going. So glad I still have my little innocent 8 year old for the time being!
- and finally I capped the night off with Taylor- she had taken a nap so she wasn't tired. I let her stay up and then finally asked if I could tuck her in. I bustled about doing laundry and stuff until she said, "mom! I just want you to stay her for a minute, just a minute" I went and stood by her and put my hand on her head and she instantly fell asleep. (Before that she had told me a long story about a pony popping out of the tv). A little love and attention for each kid- I think that's what Elder Uchtdorf was talking about when he said in his talk from October 2010 General Conference- that when life gets turbulent, you have to find the "optimum speed". Meaning: don't speed up when life gets crazy, slow down and remember what matters most! Tomorrow Jarom is off- yay :) I love my family!

No comments: