Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween

Well it started with the ward trunk-or treat. I don't think I'll go to a big family activity again without my hubby. I felt slightly awkward with so many people there and me alone with the kids. I had a hard time even seeing people I knew! And then trying to feed the kids (why didn't I feed them before?) and control Jack from being lost in the crowd proved to be a little too much. So we didn't stay long. But it was fun getting dressed up! Me and Lydi were princesses and Jack used part of his pirate costume to be a prince. You can see in the pic below how much fun we were having, haha!


We had fun at home that week carving a pumpking, toasting (ok burning) some pumpkin seeds, and eating caramel apples. (Notice Lydi only ate the caramel)


Then it was the big day! Lydi randomly decided back in the beginning of October that she wanted to be a spider! Me and Jarom were determined to make it happen (especially because it was refreshing that she wanted to be something other than a princess) To make Lydi even cooler, she decided she wanted to be a SCARY spider. So Jarom had a little too much fun with the face paint. We even joined in on the fun. Jack was Jack Sparrow (thanks Ron for the cutest pirate costume ever), Lydi a scary spider as promised, Jarom was a dead U of A fan (shot in the head by an ASU fan, yep not gory at all) and I was a dead prom queen. We spent the evening in Tamra's neighborhood after a short visit with our cousins Drew and Maile. Isn't Lydi's costume kind of freaky? My favorite is Brody: "Lydi is creeping me out!" He is so funny. The kids had fun trick or treating and afterward Lydi told everyone, "I tricked my treat!"







4 comments:

Emmy said...

Cute costumes!!! That spider is awesome!
And yes you are very brave for trying a ward party alone :)

RonJohn said...

i saw the group picture on someone elses blog and i thought.... "Who it that in the corner?" I can not believe it was LYDI haha

Awesome

Lady Robason said...

Where in the world did you get Lydi's costume? I love it!

Bree said...

Lydi's costume is really scary. You should do make up as a side business. That picture of Jack in his pirate costume is freaking adorable! Sorry I am so late on commenting!