Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Anniversary and Some Birthdays

So we finally did it! We went and stayed at a hotel away from our offspring for one night to celebrate our 6th anniversary. It was fun! At first, lets be honest here, me and Jarom had some silent moments- I mean what did we used to talk about when it was just us? I think there was an Everybody Loves Raymond about that... But we figured it out pretty soon. We went to a fancy restaurant because my sister's roommate Aubry gave us a gift card. We felt like fish out of water and I especially made a fool of myself. I ordered a Dr. Pepper and the lady smiled and said they only have bottled Coke- oh ok... so no free refills then? And then when I ordered this salad thingy I asked her if "fillet" meant some type of fish and she actually laughed at me and then explained it was fillet mignon... well excuse me... the fanciest place I eat in is Texas Roadhouse. ha! We had Whataburger taquitos for breakfast and spent some time in Old Town Scottsdale looking at Western shops. Jarom bought some boots (well he bought them when we got home for $20 less than the store). He sure is a good one! I am so happy I married him- he is kind, humble, generous, and so many other things. We turned out to be a pretty good match I'd say! (in a British accent) here is the only picture of us: (with our spinach dip- at least they had spinach dip! and for some reason on our first date I told Jarom I had never tasted spinach dip which was an out and out lie! ha! I don't know why I lied but I confessed later that I had had spinach dip millions of times so I guess it should be our anniversary tradition)

Now to the birthdays! We had a big surprise bash for grandma and grandpa Larson's 80th (grandpa) and 81st (grandma) birthdays! It was so fun. I LOVE having all my family so close and so many came in town for it. There was music, great food, horseback riding, and dancing. This first pic takes the cake! Look at how tearful they were when they saw us all outside surprising them! I just love these two.
 in great anticipation:
 yeah! Lydi and Maile cutting a rug:




 lined up to ride the horse:
 Jack couldn't last the whole night:

No comments: