Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lydi's 5th Birthday

I have a 5 year old! For some reason that seems weird! Our little baby is growing up. I like to pretend to cry and beg her to stop growing and she really gets a kick out of that! On Lydi's birthday she woke up so early and requested breakfast in bed! I explained she actually has to be in bed to eat breakfast in bed... so she climbed in my bed and I brought her pancakes. She loved that. Jack was all cute and embarrassed when we were singing to her. After a long day of play dates and ward talent shows, we came home to a surprise. Dad put out her birthday present (an amazing doll house I found on Craigslist for so cheap I felt like I was robbing the seller...) She walked in and saw it and just grinned and said "doll house". All of the kids have been obsessed ever since. Then we skyped grammy and papa to open her presents from them. (a cool scooter, dress, shoes and bubbles). The next day was party day! This was her first kid party. She had 4 friends and 9 cousins there. It was pretty tiring for me but tons of fun. We had a fairy party complete with a fairy castle cake (kind of strange and not very sturdy but I tried haha). The girls learned a fairy dance, ate pizza, played outside games and of course had cake and ice cream.

Lydi is a very unique wonderful person. She is kind and concerned for others. She has more sass than people see, especially when something interrupts her amazing imagination. She loves to imagine elaborate situations and play and play for hours. She is very social yet shy... meaning she has tons of friends and I notice that people really like to be around her, but she is shy sometimes towards adults and in different situations. She is sweet with her siblings (unless they take her stuff) and she has a special relationship with her daddy. I love this little girl so much. She is my perfect little angel and we have so much fun together!





















No comments: