Sunday, February 5, 2012

30, Flirty and Thriving


yeppers I turned 30!! I think I am liking my 30s. So this is how it went down. Saturday Jarom asked what I wanted to do. I was a tad annoyed thinking that he should just plan something rather than ask me but I was trying to be super sweet so I wouldn't feel bad later. So I decided to go shopping and Rachel informed me that no one was coming to my b-day dinner that night and that Jarom hadn't told people in time etc... I couldn't hid my disappointment. I know such a baby right? But I just wanted to be with my loved ones on my bday so my 30s would start off right! My bday wasn't till Sunday though so I decided that it would be ok going to dinner with a few and then meeting up with some more family on Sunday evening. Sunday started off good. I got a delicious breakfast in bed and then rushed off to ward council. As I left I discovered my entire house decked out in hearts! It was so awesome! The Young Women really spoiled me! After church and everything I was excited to go to moms and see people. I texted my brother to tell him to come over but no response... then Jarom informed me that my mom was home teaching with Mike and wasn't even there so we could go over later. Now that I think back... I should've suspected something but NO. I was all sad and disappointed. haha We drove up to moms and when I start coming in, Adam and Mike are on the couch wwatching sports and all the lights were out. They were all, "hey". And I thought in my mind, "how depressing". Right then everyone jumped out "SURPRISE" I jumped a mile and then I heard Adam say, "he's been planning this for a long time". Aw man! I suck! I totally was irritated at Jarom's "poor planning" and diappointed at everyones disregard for my 30th b-day. I probably apologized to Jarom a million times. So it was a blast. Lots of my loved-ones were there and we had a great time. They even had Aubry's mom make a cake for me and on top was my silhouette taken from a picture that Breanne took at last years recital! Rachel had planned a ton of it. I am so grateful for all of them. I felt so loved. It was great and I am excited to be in my 30s! Excited to see what the next 10 years will bring! Hopefully a couple more babies, a new home with some room to run, a bigger dance studio, a more-balanced me, and a lot of sameness because all in all I am pretty dang happy with where I ended up in my 20s.

No comments: