Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jack's First Talk

Jack did so good on his first talk! His talk was on choosing the right and he had given the perfect example earlier in the week. Rewind about 3 weeks: we were at at a Queen Creek high Basketball game and this random woman came up to me. She asked if I was "that boys" mom. I said yes and she said that she went to the pre-school with her son on his first day and her little boy was scared. She was so grateful for Jackson because he was so nice to her son and made him feel comfortable. I was beaming with pride! Sweet boy! Now last week: me and Lyd lingered after dropping him off and watched him on the playgroud for a bit. There was a little boy crying on the teachers lap. I watched Jack approach him and share a ball and then take him over the slide. I always knew he had such a sweet personality. So back to his talk- he started: Everybody makes choices every day. (he didn't say it very loud so I told him to say it real loud) he said it again in this really loud raspy voice, "everybody makes choices. I had to decide to wear my baseball or football jersey today (he held up his two jersies). I chose baseball. My little sister had to decide between a banana and a donut for breakfast. She chose donut. I chose to share a ball with a boy who was sad at school. Heavenly Father wants us to choose the right so we can be happy". He did so great! I can't believe how far he has come with his speech! I am so grateful for this boy.

No comments: