Friday, June 15, 2012

My Night

My kids have been saying and doing some funny things. I am just enjoying every second of this growing up thing... yesterday I asked the kids if they wanted Jack in the Box or Costa Vida and Jack screamed out, "No! Is Lydi in the Box." and everytime we mentioned it he madly corrected us. He is a funny guy and doesn't even know it. He calls underwear pull-ups no matter how much I try to correct him, he has a mind of his own. My favorite moment of today- he was watching a show and I said, hey bud do you want me to watch this with you? He goes "Yeah! Lets do a snuggle" and scooted over for me. Oh I just grit my teeth when I think of his cuteness.

Lydi is so bright and asks the cutest questions. Daily she clarifies, "what does might mean? what does probably mean? How long is a week?" (I guess I must put her off on some of her desires haha) but what really got to me (in a bad way) is one day she said mom I want to spend time with you today. So I looked for opportunities to do that. I thought I was doing pretty good! We hung out, painted nails, chatted and even did a craft. But she started crying when it was time to go to bed and said we didn't spend time together. I listed off the things we did and she reminded me that when we were doing the craft, I just showed her how and then went and cooked. Ugghhh... HEART.BROKEN. I almost cried. So I promise to always sit right by her when she wants to do a craft. She is so into drawing right now too. 40 papers a day into it. She is excellent though. I can't believe the stuff she can draw. She has taught me from the day she arrived and still does.

Oh and then there is Taylor- FEARLESS. EXCITING. DRAMATIC. HILARIOUS. She is all I thought she would be as a newborn and more. She is so stinking smart. She ran into the kitchen today and closed her eyes and counted to FIFTEEN! I swear. I thought that was crazy! She just knows how to do stuff! I think she only skipped like one number! She throws fits but if you can just get her attention you can ask her something like "do you want the milk to be big?" and she instantly stops the fit sits up, swipes her hair out of her eyes and says, "yeeeaaah!" or "ok mama"

We all had a conversation during dinner about disneyland (I recorded it on my phone). The kids were so funny. They are just so grown up talking about their favorite rides, when they want to go next etc... I am one lucky mama! I have 3 amazing, funny, beautiful kids and I can't wait to have more (ok well I can wait a little bit).

No comments: