Easter! Easter Eve was spent putting sod in and trimming bushes. We started coloring eggs in the afternoon only to find out the valve on our water supply to the house broke and we were going to be without water. Jarom had to work so I called a plummer and... crisis averted. The eggs didn't really get decorated and I realized I forgot to hard boil them hahaha so we had one casualty on the floor. Not too bad I'd say! We went as fast as we could to Laredo Ranch to Adam's Navajo Taco dinner and Easter Egg Hunt for scouts. But... due to the debacles and my inability to be on time. We missed the egg hung :( all that was left were shells. The kids were good about it and enjoyed running around catching lady bugs. Lydi named her lady bug princess and had a ceremony the next day to let her go back in the wild haha...
Sunday was rushed as ever. I had a big mess to clean up from not having water the day before and hair to curl clothes to find etc... and I had been up with Lydi the night before with an upset stomach so I had trouble waking up! We got it all done just in time to snap like one decent photo of the kids in their Sunday best. We had a great prayer in the morning and I felt a peace come over our home. 5 minutes later Taylor pulled out her hair completely and I said a not so nice word and kinda yelled at her. Bad mama. Sacrament meeting was really good and I was reminded that those mistakes we make (like losing our temper at our 2 year old for something silly 5 minutes after prayer) have been remedied through the Atonement if we just repent. I saw a sweet couple in the parking lot give each other the sweetest goodbye kiss (they are like in their 40s have a few kids...) and I thought about how loving that was and how much better it is to just love people completely and show that love. Random lesson but it really stuck with me!
After church we ran home to cook before heading to Lalas. Daddy had to sleep through Easter and not see us much so he did his own little egg hunt in our yard. It was so cute! He didn't wake up to see it but I took pics and videos for him. We rushed off to Lala's house for some ham and potatoes, a big egg hunt, corn hole tournament, and sittin' around. It was a lot of fun. Lydi was the least aggressive egg-getter. She is just a gentle princess that's why. So mama helped her by tossing a couple in her basket when she wasn't looking hee hee. Good Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment