Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Live True- the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration

What an unforgettable experience start to finish! I had the great opportunity to be our ward dance director and teach these kids a flag routine to be included in the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration. When I heard there would be over 13,000 youth it was hard to imagine what that would look like. As the weeks went on we joined with bigger groups (ward then stake then tri-stake then region etc...) until the big day. On March 1st we gathered together and it was a pretty amazing sight! There was a very strong chance for rain but throughout the day it just drizzled now and again giving us a nice overcast to shield from the heat. Everyone was praying the rains wouldn't come tumbling down later... but Heavenly Father had a different idea in mind! Boy did they come!!! Just as we began the actual performance the wind and rain were CRAZY. I have never experienced such a hard long rain since moving here. It was SO COOL though. All the youth were SOAKED (and the leaders- I was pretty miserable). We were absolutely freezing and some had no protection at all from it (not even a jacket). They all had to remove their warmth when it was their turn to perform anyway. They were stellar though. They made the most of it and being on the field watching 13,000 youth sing True to the Faith in the pouring rain with the new temple in the background was pretty unforgettable. It gives me hope for this world! If we have armies this strong who are willing to do hard things and make the most of it- maybe things aren't so bad after all. I can see how the Gospel won't ever leave the Earth again. There is no way Satan can attempt to infiltrate us when we all stand together. I love the youth of the church and feel a special bond with them. I came home with 2 inches of water in each of my boots and every part of me freezing and wet but its cool to say I was there, that I saw the Prophet and witnessed what he witnessed. He even talked about it in the April General Conference. We are so happy to have our own temple! 















No comments: