Monday, November 10, 2008

Hand-me-downs

I just bought Lydi a new winter wardrobe and man it was expensive, and I just bought the basics! So I finally realized why they say kids are so expensive and am really grateful that it took till now for me to know that. So A HUGE THANK YOU TO ANDREA, who provided most of Lydi's clothes for her first two years of life and now is providing Jack's (lucky we have the right sexes in the right seasons). And THANKS TO JENN too for the Kyle and Kimball stuff and her friend's hand-me-downs for Lydi. And sorry I never realized what a wonderful blessing that was sooner.

Just a funny note- I thought hand-me-downs were called "handy downs" for way too long, we're talking college... haha

4 comments:

RonJohn said...

Ditto, what would we do without andrea and her amazing goodwill shopping talents.

Natalie and Ryan said...

Hey Melanie, I just saw the comment you left on our blog. How did you find ours? How are you? I can't believe you found our blog...I totally understand buying clothes for kids. I need to find some warm clothing for our little girl. -Natalie

Andy4eric said...

you are the best!!!! I love you guys!

Bree said...

I am SO with you on this one. 90% of Elle's clothes are from her cousin Abbie and she is set for two years. I don't know what we're going to do in a few years.

Don't feel bad about thinking it was 'handy downs'....I thought Juarez was spelled Wattace remember?