We all got to spend a little time in Animas and Thatcher which was awesome (the pics in the header are from there and I'll add some below). We were able to encourage Joni in her last week of pregnancy! And now we have a sweet little baby niece to spoil. She is 3 weeks old now and so beautiful! We went to the fair in Thatcher and got to spend time with Pax and Kaybri which is always fun. We were also able to stay with my Nana and Grandpa and have a wonderful breakfast and good conversation. I always like visiting Animas. Its so peaceful there. No one cares what you look like or what you drive or how many book/bunco/fitness clubs you belong to. Just good quality time with fresh food from my mother-in-laws garden... mmmmm (mouth watering)




Then we split up and I went to Las Vegas to visit my sister along with my mom. And Jarom went on THE BIG HUNT he has been waiting for. LV was fun, really cool to see Lydi interact with her nephews and get to know them better. She picked up some good phrases like "GO AWAY!" haha I love those boys! The boys learned too- Kimball pointed to Lydi's girly parts in the bath and said "BUTT!" haha he is hilarious. We enjoyed time at the park, a cute pumpkin patch, and the AWESOME haunted house that Matt puts on every year. The kids got to dress up and they had so much fun. Jarom had a great time too but came home empty handed - there's always next year! Two of my bros killed deer so hopefully they'll share the wealth since I love deer meat! I don't have pics of Jarom's hunt but trust me, he looked studly with his manly hunter stubbly face.








For Halloween we went to Tamra's neighborhood and trick-or-treated. Lydi got a little freaked out at times by different costumes or decorations but she looked so beautiful as "Rella" and Jack slept in his stroller- what a good boy:) I don't have pics yet because they were on my cousin's camera- maybe I'll post some later. (oh yeah Jack was an elephant again, I was a ladybug and Jarom was a cowboy).
Another little exciting tid-bit: my dance kids went to competition this weekend. They got second in both routines and looked so cute up there! They also qualified for Nationals so now we are going to fundraise our booties off and see if we can make it there!

Most of my stressed and busy feelings have derived from my real estate dealings this month. We are some of the many victims of the economic crisis. We put our house up for sale (a short sale)this month. If you don't fully understand how bad those loan people were back in 05/06... just ask me! We found ourselves in a terrible situation and decided we didn't really have a choice. I'm not trying to displace blame, we were definitely ignorant (innocently ignorant, but ignorant nonetheless) If I would've known then what I know now... oh well that's how we learn. We now have a couple of offers to buy our house so we're just waiting on the banks so we can hopefully avoid foreclosure.

Which brings me to today. I wasn't very organized this year and didn't get out an early ballot so I got up at 5:30am to stand in line and wait for the polls to open. I had some time to ponder while in line and as I am so grateful for my opportunity to vote, I do feel it will be to no avail. Ol' Obama keeps winning states as I type and I just know we are in for it. President Packer said in Stake Conference on Sunday that "things are going to change drastically". He went on to say that we can still have happy families if we stay close to the Spirit and follow the commandments. I am so grateful for my security in the Gospel. I've always felt so lucky to live in the U.S. but I now realize that we aren't invincible. We can't rely on any system for security. Our security comes when we have a testimony in the Plan of Salvation and do everything in our power to ensure Heavenly rewards
5 comments:
Ha haha, I died laughing about Kimball pointing to Lydi's girly parts... I forgot about that! I love those pics. Well said about the election stuff. it is so nice to have some other authority to turn to for answers, comfort, and security other than politics, which change with the wind. We did our duty and voted so it isn't our fault when everything goes to pot! Haha.
cute pics. dont ya just love small town men. it makes me want to move back to idaho to raise my kids. obama sucks.
I love your header so cute! I am so grateful for the words of President Packer on Sunday. When I get discouraged I think of what he said and am grateful also for my family and my testimony. I hope things will work out with your house, if you need a place to stay, we have a room or two. We love you guys!
Oh good post! You are so right about this crazy world. Things will get harder but we can't fear - have faith and move forward doing what we know is right. Love ya!
Loved the pictures. You kids are so cute. And I laughed at the Animas comment...beware- most people there don't know what book club or bunco is, and might stare if you use them in your vocabulary. Ok...MAYBE book club! haha...take care.
Post a Comment