Friday, October 17, 2008

So You Think I Freaked Out When I Saw This??!!



Well Yes I DID! If you know me at all- you know that I just LOVE DANCE. Ever since I was little, its all I do (well not anymore but I still do it quite a bit). Not to mention SYTYCD is BY FAR my favorite tv show of all time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the new choreography and different styles of dance. I'm sure people HATE HATE HATE to watch it with me because I can tend to be a bit of a dance snob and be over-critical. Anyway, my bud Breanne (we met in a dance class- how perfect) talked me in to forking out the money and I will forever be appreciative to her. It was SO WORTH IT. We had decent seats from Craigslist but when we got there they let us trade in our seats for floor seats and it was awesome- they were RIGHT in front of us. The first number came on and it was my FAVE routine of the season - the only one Shane Sparks choreographed (who I took a class from so I love him) I seriously am such a dork because I was kind of emotional, you know all teary-eyed and giddy. I think I giggled with delight more than a few times during the concert haha... these pics are seriously from my rinky dink camera, so you can see what great seats we had! Thanks Breanne I had a blast! And now I'm inspired... thinking about trying out next year, probably won't but definitely thinking about it!




















9 comments:

Breanne said...

Nice!! Perfect - posting about it on the same day :)

Maybe I'll refer people to your version too.

So you think You Can dance huh? - Well YOU CAN!!!!

Jenn said...

Oooh, I can't believe you were that close! I don't think the show comes to Vegas for some reason. Yes, it is the best show ever created and I hope it never EVER gets cancelled- it's the highlight of my summers. I just with we could watch it together! Anyway, you should try out next year. It would be fun to know what it's like.

Ben & Rachel said...

ummm i'm in love with mark.
the end.

Lady Robason said...

I am so jealous!

Mauzy Fam said...

So cool! You had great seats and close pictures! I wanna see all those dances again.

Bree said...

Am I the only one troubled by the men wearing blouses, tights and pants that are WAY too tight?? JK I think that is awesome that you were able to go see that and you were so close. You should TOTALLY try out. Why not? That is probably the only way you'd get me to watch the show! Remember when you tried to teach me to dance? HA! Pure comedy.

Mary Taylor said...

How fun!! What great seats I can't believe you were that close! I'm dying laughing that you "giggled with delight" that is so funny! Glad you guys had fun.

RonJohn said...

Oh my gosh oh my gosh, i hate you. wish i could have seen all those dances in person. Please tryout. that would be so cool, just to say that i know someone talented enough to even try. tryout, do it. maybe you should use the teddy bear number from our grade school talent show??? its a real crowd pleaser! haha

Kerrie said...

Mel-that's so cool! There's nothing like a story told by a dance. Nothing! There's just something about how you can move your body to music-and those two combined give a very powerful message. Looks like a very very fun show. Happy for you.