We started out her day with a present from Grammy and Papa. It was a "Rella" barbie and she loved it. Only to have it taken away so I could make her cake! She was so mad at me for that one! But boy did she love her cake. I was proud of myself since I am such an un-crafty person. But this one turned out pretty good! Then after Lydi's nap, she woke up to a beautiful new Cinderella dress from Aunt Jenn. She was speechless and couldn't wait to put it on! Her royal guests finally arrived. We had 3 princes (Drew, Seth, and Jackson) and 4 princesses (Maile, Katelynn, Lydia, and Grace). Lydi got to eat her whole Rella cake with a few licks from the other kids and everyone else ate the scary cake (you'll see a pic below, this cake demonstrates my true abilities hahaha) She got everything a princess could ever ask for- yes she appears very spoiled. During her party the mailman rang the door and had another surprise gift from Aunt Bree! Thanks everyone for the awesome gifts! And thanks for the early gifts from Jojo and Lala (she still loves both) Now just to find a place to put them...
Oh yeah and the last two pictures are so funny! (thanks Mary for sending them) Katelynn and Drew took a spill off the wall and it was caught on camera hahahahah
I've been waiting for the pictures of her in my dress.... I love the party!! Those king hats are hilarious and the princess crowns are so cute! I don't often lament that I don't have a girl, but when I see that princess stuff I do get envious.... And that cake was awesome! (The Cinderella one of course, not the other one. Ha ha ha)
Happy 2nd Birthday Lydi!!!! Taya is distraught that she couldn't make it to the party (she even used that word;) ). We were still in Vegas, I really was bummed that we missed her party. Sounds like it was fun and that she loved the princessness of it all! That cake is awesome! How did you do it?
Thanks for the compliments on my parents; I think the world of your mom too from all the times I've been around her and heard about her.
Hey Mel - I'm so sad that we didn't make it. I was meaning to call you all week and tell you that we had our ward camp out and then RS broadcast dinner. I really wanted to come! I can't believe that CAKE!! You did great. I didn't realize that you actually put icing on the barbie - how did you make it look so perfect? Happy Birthday LYDI!! I can't believe you are a big 2 year old now.
Happy Birthday Lydi! You looked so pretty as a princess! We wish we could have come also. We had the ward campout and then the RS dinner and broadcast. But I had your present all set out for Uncle TJ to take Lily to your party and so you can blame Uncle TJ. We will get you your present soon! Hope you had a fun day! Loves, the Booths:)
Hey!I'm so happy I found you through the blogging world! Cute family. You have added one since we last talked. Hey do you know anyone that would take a two year old in dance? My little girl would love it. I guess we will have to wait until she is 3 which actually isn't that much longer. Check out our blog jandamerrell.blogspot.com
I wish I could've been there! Lydi looked so cute in her princess dress. You must have learned a thing or two from gum drop about how to bake a cake! That last pic of the kids falling is hilarious. That one got an out loud laugh (I hope they weren't hurt because if they were then I feel kinda bad).
Miss Lydi you are so grown up! and you are just dang cute too! I hope you had a fun birthday. I wished I lived down there so I could go to everyones birthday parties! Looks like you guys had a blast! Love you Lydi!
What the crap Melgo! I just noticed you don't have me down as one of your contacts! Well! my feelings are hurt. You better add Larson Legacy and come visit my site once in awhile! Love you Mel!
I had just graduated from BYU in December of 04 and Jarom was attending school in Mesa. I moved to Mesa after my internship in Costa Rica. I was at the institute trying to find roommates when 2 boys invited me to church. Sunday morning I decided to go by myself and am so glad I did because there I met the love of my life! We were married 5 short months later (May of 05) and 7 months after that we found out I was pregnant! Lydia Alice was born on September 30, 2006. After almost 2 blissful years with her we welcomed our favorite boy, Jackson. We are about to welcome #3 Taylor Charlotte and couldn't be more excited! I own my own dance business am a realtor. Jarom is at Apollo college studying to be a medical sonographer and working part-time.
Lydi is a funny little thing. She talks and sings up a storm, but not if there are too many people, then she just kind of smiles or stares at the wall ignoring everyone. She loves anything princess. She has a great imagination and loves to dance with Jack and pretend he is her prince. I love every second I get to spend with her.
Jack Jack
Jackson is a funny, crazy little guy. He is definitely a handful but he can be calmed easily with a movie, his monkey, and his thumb. He gives the best hugs and kisses and loves to wrestle and scare people. He is so fun and so boyish and we don't know what we'd do without him.
Taylor
Taylor is our newest little princess! She loves to laugh- cutest giggle ever! We all are in love with her!
Milestones and Funny conversations
APRIL11- Lydi says form bed, "mom I'm scared!" I tell her what I always tell her, "everything is ok, just say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help you not be afraid" Lydi: thats what daddy said but it doesn't work!" Me: "well you have to believe that it will work and it will, Lydi: "but I don't believe!" This conversation went on for quite some time.
MARCH 11 Today I was laying down and Lydi asked me to put a movie on for her, I said ok. Then she said, "now say- after that will you let me rest?(in her best impression of my voice)" and she really made me say it. Taylor is all about the sniffy face! Everytime she sees me she pulls the cutest piggy face! Taylor is rolling and scooting to get to stuff, I have a feeling crawling is just on the horizon... Lydi ran in all excited to tell me something and she said, "Mom! I just saw a girl on Hannah Montana that looks just like ME!" We pretty much find Jack naked in his bed every night and sometimes in the morning after we have already re-dressed him! FEBRUARY 11 Lydi had a sheet of alphabet stickers. She arranged some on her closet door in a random order. She ran in to get me and said, "mom! I spelled a word!" I went in to look at it and it was just gibberish. She said, "what did I make?" so I sounded out something like "gguyabailitmmy" and then she said, "Oh! I made a Spanish word!" Lydi said a prayer and blessed that she could hold Taylor's hand. Her prayer was answered shortly after. Taylor is eating solids and is a much happier little girl! JANUARY 11 Jack-isms: "Hoo House" (mickey mouse), "You hur me!" Wuh you doee mom?" "mama!! whe ah u?" Lydi-isms: "whatch your doin?" "do you bemember" "I hadn't be seen that movie" Lydi spoke in the microphone at Sharing Time for the first time since I got called to the Presidency- my hearted melted Jackson's hot dog dance- my fave 1/15 Taylor rolled over (in her bed while throwing a massive crying fit) OCTOBER 10 Taylor smiled! At 5 weeks old. I started calling Taylor "Tater Tot" so Lydi started calling her "Tater Tot Tree" (like Apricot tree from popcorn popping) We were talking about how Taylor is chubby and I asked Lydi who is the chubbiest in our family and Jack raised his hand and yelled "ME!" Lydi hit Jack (its usually the other way around) so I told her to give him a hug and say sorry. Before she could Jack went up to her and hugged her and then licked her face in a really dramatic way. Lydi tripped over a bike and fell down. She started giggling to herself and said "I like tripping over bikes" AUGUST 10 Lydi came out of her room wearing a big white fluffy dress-up gown. She said, "mom look at me! I'm in a wedding dress!" I was playing blocks with Jack and I said, "wow! You are beautiful!" Then she says, "Jack look at me!" He looks up and then goes back to playing. Lydi says, "awww you don't care" and then giggled. My favorite things Jacks says, "uh-huh!" (in a high pitched voice), his prayers, (they go higher and higher and higher so by the time he says Christ he is a full on soprano and then he goes low again for "Amen"), "Uhnunu daaaa" (that means I wanna dance) and then we sing "go Jack go Jack, its your birthday!" and he jumps around dancing like crazy. JULY 10 Jack said a prayer last night- I realized how different boys and girls are- he was so fidgety the whole time but he repeated daddy the best he ever has and said all the names really good (all while he was marching, trying to grab toys or bite someone) Lydi sang us a really long song about Jesus the other night and we said, "where did you hear that song?" she said, "I created it!" MARCH 10 Lydi was marching around the couch singing "Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet He Knows the Way..." and I said ok Lyd come to bed! She said, "No Mom! I'm following the prophet!" Jackson put together a puzzle! It was one of those where the shape fits right in but I was SO proud of him!! He has never had the attention span to do that! FEBRUARY 10 Lydi said her first original prayer. It was the best prayer ever. JANUARY 10 Lydi was running to the potty (why are all of Lydi's funny remarks around potty time?) and her little pants were down. I said "Lydi I'm going to pinch those little cheeks!" And she turned around confused, "those aren't my cheeks!" Then what are they? I asked. She replied, "those are my little stinkies" Jack made me the happiest mom on earth! Me and Jarom have been worried about him because he doesn't talk as quickly as Lydi did. But the other night I said say night night to daddy! And Jack waved his little hand and said "Night Night!" Just as plain as day! Yay Jack! Today Lydi came out with her panties around her ankles and said, "mom there is no toilet paper!" so I went to get her some and I was laughing at her. Then I said, "Lydi you are so cute, I love you with all my heart". She replied, "I love my heart too mom."
11 comments:
I've been waiting for the pictures of her in my dress.... I love the party!! Those king hats are hilarious and the princess crowns are so cute! I don't often lament that I don't have a girl, but when I see that princess stuff I do get envious.... And that cake was awesome! (The Cinderella one of course, not the other one. Ha ha ha)
Happy 2nd Birthday Lydi!!!! Taya is distraught that she couldn't make it to the party (she even used that word;) ). We were still in Vegas, I really was bummed that we missed her party. Sounds like it was fun and that she loved the princessness of it all! That cake is awesome! How did you do it?
Thanks for the compliments on my parents; I think the world of your mom too from all the times I've been around her and heard about her.
See you in an hour and a half! Hip Hop Baby!
Hey Mel - I'm so sad that we didn't make it. I was meaning to call you all week and tell you that we had our ward camp out and then RS broadcast dinner. I really wanted to come! I can't believe that CAKE!! You did great. I didn't realize that you actually put icing on the barbie - how did you make it look so perfect? Happy Birthday LYDI!! I can't believe you are a big 2 year old now.
Oh it looks like a great party!!! Lydia looks so cute in all her princess stuff!!! How fun!!
That is the funniest pictures of the kids falling backwards! I mean it isn't for the kids and hope they are okay but seriously...it's funny.
Happy Birthday Lydi! You looked so pretty as a princess! We wish we could have come also. We had the ward campout and then the RS dinner and broadcast. But I had your present all set out for Uncle TJ to take Lily to your party and so you can blame Uncle TJ. We will get you your present soon! Hope you had a fun day! Loves, the Booths:)
Happy Birthday Lil Lydi!! What a fun party. Way to give her a birthday she'll remember!!! Let's talk soon. It's been too long!
Hey!I'm so happy I found you through the blogging world! Cute family. You have added one since we last talked. Hey do you know anyone that would take a two year old in dance? My little girl would love it. I guess we will have to wait until she is 3 which actually isn't that much longer. Check out our blog jandamerrell.blogspot.com
I wish I could've been there! Lydi looked so cute in her princess dress. You must have learned a thing or two from gum drop about how to bake a cake! That last pic of the kids falling is hilarious. That one got an out loud laugh (I hope they weren't hurt because if they were then I feel kinda bad).
Miss Lydi you are so grown up! and you are just dang cute too! I hope you had a fun birthday. I wished I lived down there so I could go to everyones birthday parties! Looks like you guys had a blast! Love you Lydi!
What the crap Melgo! I just noticed you don't have me down as one of your contacts! Well! my feelings are hurt. You better add Larson Legacy and come visit my site once in awhile! Love you Mel!
Post a Comment