Thursday, September 25, 2008

playing catch-up again!

First, a few weeks ago we went to Thatcher for Joni's baby shower. I was a little nervous going alone with two rugrats but they did great (thanks to a nifty contraption called a dvd player). Well, I take that back, they did great on the way there. On the way home they both were SCREAMING their heads off when we were in the mountains and it was dark and I was like- what in the heck should I do cause I couldn't pull over and my arm was about to break off from trying to find the play button on the dvd player and stick Jack's pacifier in his mouth- so yeah won't be doing that trip alone again anytime soon. Well we had fun and got to see cousins. aunts, uncles and Nana and Grandpa Taylor whom we just love so much.




After that trip Jack learned a new skill: sucking his thumb. I know I shouldn't let him but I did and yeah I have some pretty decent buck teeth but I'll get him braces. Why not let the kid enjoy a littley thumby-thumb? I sure did.

We were going to go out on a hot date (me and Jarom that is) but we changed our plans and took Lydi and Jack to Red Mountain park and had a picnic. It was really fun and the best part about it was that we happened to be there the same night that Ballet Arizona was giving a free show. Oh man I was excited. But I didn't want to force Jarom so I just kind of did the puppy dog face until he decided that we could stay. We were actually in the car, ready to leave and I pulled out the big guns and he decided we should take the kids back out and stay. What a great hubby I have!





Finally, to finish the catch-up, we visited Sierra Vista for Clay-be's farewell talk and a little party. He is going to the Torreon Mexico mission. We're all very proud of him even though I somehow got home with no pics of the missionary! Sorry Clay!(I'm sure he prefers it this way). He's so cute though, just look at my cousin's blogs. Lydi had a blast with all of her cousins. She was so worn out by the end of the trip, but it was tons of fun. The big Georgia/ASU game was on while we were there so Teej and Jarom and the kiddos showed their true fanhood- too bad it was all in vain...Isn't Sierra Vista pretty?





4 comments:

dustin and amy said...

It was fun seeing you guys this past weekend! It's too bad that we have to go out of town to see eachother!

Jenn said...

It's not fair- I'm always the left out one.... Oh well. I was weak and let Kyle suck his thumb too, and I'm sorry but it was the cutest thing. Too bad he still does it to fall asleep! Almost all kids quit by kindergarten though, so why not let them be adorable while they can? Cute pics.

RonJohn said...

i love the "jacky boy sucking thumb pic", Such a stud.
Your grandpa is so cute, "six hundred eyes...." haha

Bree said...

I love all of the ASU gear....even though I think there should be some BYU or Cowboy's gear inthere. I'm not sure how I feel about the antlers!!! Your family is the best!You look great!