Saturday, September 13, 2008
Doing things that make you happy...
Learning what makes you happy is a big milestone in life. I feel like I now know. I know that reading makes me happier than watching tv. I know that playing with my kids makes me happier than blog hopping. I know that a clean house makes me happier than a dirty one, that being light-hearted and playful is better than being defensive. I know I need to get out and do something fun at least once a week. If I wake up, say my prayers, feed my kiddos, clean my house, play with them, get them dressed, shower, put make-up on, actually do my hair, treat the students kindly at work, make a good dinner, have good conversation with Jarom, bathe both the kids, read scriptures with Lydi, try and squeeze in a good book, internet surf and blog hop a little, watch a good tv show, read my own scriptures, say prayers and get in bed before 11 I am SO happy. Few days go that smoothly. I sometimes find myself choosing to do things that make me less happy and leaving out the things that are the most important. Perhaps that is the next step; actually DOING the things that make me happy. I just don't understand why that is hard?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I couldn't agree more! It seems there are so many things fighting for our time these days. I'm glad you're feelin' happy :)
No kidding!! The things that matter most make me so much happier and it's hard sometimes to make them a priority. I've been trying really hard lately to work on the basics.
It hardly ever seems like I can get all those things you said done in one day, but...when it does happen, life is just wonderful. Time is so precious.
Post a Comment