Lydi:
Where do I start? She has BURSTED with conversation these days. A few little surprising phrases and funny stories: this morning I was still asleep and she came in and patted me on the shoulder and said "mama, I waked up!" and then tonight Jarom had the Cardinals game on pause and she said "Daddy, I anna vatch football." (Jarom loved that) She's also taken up a fear of pumpkins ever since halloween and every now and then throughout the day she'll run as fast as she can and jump in my arms and say "Pumpkin scare you!" even though there is no pumpkin in sight. She also said her first prayer all by herself (well she got through half of it without help) and afterwards she said, "pretty good!" If she's in the right mood she'll drop down in the splits and say "SPLITS!" (which makes me just as proud as Jarom was about her wanting to watch football) She loves to sing and will copy any song just by saying the last word. I think Lydi will always surprise me with what she knows because she doesn't voice things all the time. There have been a lot of times that I have heard her sing a song or say something that I had no idea she knew. People will probably underestimate her at times, for example, the doctor asked her today where her ears were and Lydi just stared at her like she was talking Egyptian. I know she knows exactly where her ears are, she also knows all her letters, colors and most of her numbers (she skips 4 and 5 consistently- she did that tonight while counting my moles- don't laugh twins). But anyway the dr. probably thought- oh she is slow... haha but I know better, my Lydi is shy but she aint no dummy! She also is obsessed with her brother now and likes to do this really ugly voice when she talks to him- I think she's imitating me, woops! I love spending time with her. Lately she doesn't ever want me and Jarom apart- at church she gets really upset if we have to take separate cars (Jarom sometimes picks up an older man for church). And the latest- her fear of Santa. I guess Lydi is determined to have a fear associated with each holdiay that passes. She sat on Santa's lap and cried her eyes out and now she'll say " I'm scerd Santa" and then she'll try to convince herself its ok by saying "no santa loves me, bring me present!" One more thing- she HAS to wear the SAME "Rella" nightgown to bed EVERY NIGHT. (Thanks Aunt Mary! haha) She cries almost every morning when its time to get dressed.
Jack-
one word always comes to mind when I think of Jack- JOLLY. That word reminds me of of people who make other people happy by just being around them. He is just happy-go-lucky, always smiling, cooing and making friends. I love that everyone feels that sense of accomplishment when you make a baby smile when they are around him. Besides sitting around and smiling all day, he spits up like a mama-tuta. Beware of that charming smile because from it may come a flood of liquid (by liquid I mean mama milk which makes it that much grosser:) He also has the cutest chuckle, its this raspy laugh that makes you want to squeeze him. And he is so ticklish we get to hear that laugh a lot. He's been hitting his milestones great and is seriously the sweetest baby. I just don't want him to grow up. I told Jarom if all our babies will be like him, I'll have 10. (By 10 I mean 5- you know me, I exaggerate). He also just barely started solid food. He LOVES it! He scarfs out down and does this hilarious twisting action with his hands, sticks out his toungue and sometimes cries if you can't shovel it in fast enough. Jarom loves it because there is a little boy baby across the street who is 3 months younger than Jack and weighs the same so he's anxious for Jack to plump up so he won't get knocked around. I'm totally in love with Jack.
Well thanks for reading my self-indulgent post!
4 comments:
I love nothing more than being the first to comment on blogs!!! So yay for me. I can't believe how grown up both of your babies are getting. Lydi looks like a little girl now. Jack and Elle are seriously from the same mold...except having a happy baby still doesn't make me want to have ten or five or even two right now. Did you forget you have to be pregnant with them and birth them? Anyways, you guys look great. Love ya! =)
"mama-tuta", oh some things never change, i can totally hear you saying that. oh and Jackie boy looks like he is flipping the bird in that ASU picture. haha Cute post.
Lili! I love this post! I laughed SO hard at the moles thing. Your babies are so presh. I can't wait to see them again! Seriously I was cracking up and remember how much I love my BFF!
I was laughing through this whole post- especially about Lydi trying to convince herself not to be scared of Santa! I can picture her little scared face.... And Jack is so cute I want to squeeze him in those pics. The thanksgiving pics made me pretty jealous. And the grandkids one.
Post a Comment