Thursday, January 1, 2009

So I've been blogging in my head a lot lately. That is I think very often, "oh I'm going to blog that" I'll even come up with a title and everything- and then I NEVER do it. I only do the obligated posts- like the big events- like this one. Having that said here's all about our Holidays:
We spent Christmas (and a few days before) in Thatcher with the Ellis clan. On Christmas Eve we had our little Nativity (which lasted for 2 pictures...) and then we read the Nativity story, opened our exchange gifts and jammies, and sang a few Christmas songs. (I know, Jack is the cutest donkey)





We then stayed up late putting together Jack and Lydi's gifts which is one of my favorite things. When my mom had to work, me, Jenni, and Selle would stay up late and put together and set out the twins and Rachel's stuff (remember the keraoke machine?). We would go as far as putting red lint in the fireplace so we could keep our younger siblings believing. I don't think they believed as long as we thought they did, they just played along for our sakes. Anyway this is how it looked when we were finished:


Then the next morning the kids of course went to the wrong gifts (all except Kaybri, she knew that bike had her name on it). But Paxton loved Lydi's kitchen (sorry Justin). Once they figured out what was theirs they each loved their presents.





Lydi has been saying all this Christmas how she wants a "barbie and a kitchen". So after she played with the kitchen she turned to me rather sincerely and asked, "where's the barbie mama?"

After Christmas we went to Animas and hung out. Going there reminds me of visiting Nana and Grandpa at various ranches. So peaceful and so much fresh air. Paxton and Lydi finally bonded. Kaybri obviously bonded with me and Jarom because one night we woke up with her in our bed! She is so cute I would let her sleep with me anytime. We also got to see and hold our sweet, little niece Trista. She is so precious and she almost made me baby hungry, oh wait I have a baby.







And thats all! A simple, nice Christmas. For New Years last night (after we got back from Niki's happenin' birthday party where me and Jarom lost pretty pathetically in a Wii tournament) me and jar got some apple cider and played "Pass the Pig". Just the two of us. We toasted to health, happiness, and our cute kids and called it a night. And here comes 2009!

I wonder what this year will bring- I mean in 08 we brought Jack into our family (the best thing ever), Jarom started a new career, I had a lot of ups and downs with mine and now we are moving from our first home. I'm excited for a new year.

4 comments:

RonJohn said...

that really is the cutest donkey ever haha sounds like you guys had a fun holiday.

RonJohn said...

PS i love the sleepy look on lyds face standing by her kitchen. so cute!

Jenn said...

Can I please have that dress that Lydi's wearing, if I ever have a girl that is? I can't believe how cute Jack is too. Mini- Jarom!! Cute pics.

Bree said...

Okay they are growing up way too fast! I feel like they have already changed since your last post. I want to be one of your kids because they had an awesome christmas! I can't wait to see you in May!!!