Monday, January 5, 2009

Seriously that bad...

Today is just blog-worthy. Jack wakes up at 5:30a after crying a lot last night. I think he has an ear infection so I call a record 12 times to try and reach my dr.'s office. Finally get through without a busy signal, end up waiting 35 minutes on hold and then they schedule the appt. for right during Lydi's nap, which means no break from this day. I also had to call into work only to hear a very unsympathetic and rude voice on the phone telling me something about "disbanding" my class. I could feel the pricipal's daggers coming through the phone. Its not like I am calling in to go get a pedicure or something! Then I put the poor little fussy monster in his bumbo so I can feed the Goose and he does the WORSE poop-out I have EVER seen. As I'm changing him Lydi looked at it and made the funniest face, ewww mama, Jack is poochie-huela. My house is a TORNADO so I start trying to clean and realize I am out of dish detergent and I HATE doing them by hand. And as I was writing this I went to switch the laundry and I had put an ikea rug in the washer (bad idea) it is now ruined and shed all over the towels that were with it. Its only 12:15 so I'm sure it can get worse but I am just going to choose to laugh about it and look at the bright side:
1. I got to eat some leftover soup (one of Tamra's yummy recipes)
2. My husband could've totally gotten mad at me for something but chose to be sweet and patient.
3. My sister-in-law Cassie emailed me a great website to find bedding cheap.
4. I am eating a yummy cookie that my Bishop and his sweet little son (my old primary student) brought over.
5. My kids are precious and sweet so they are worth all the pain!

6 comments:

RonJohn said...

sounds like a busy morning. Lets hope the rest of the day goes better! (i hate poopy blowouts)

Mauzy Fam said...

Oh man, Mel!! That is worth blogging about. When you have days like that you just HAVE to laugh otherwise you'll go crazy like me. I need to laugh more.

dustin and amy said...

It's those days that you'll miss when they are older! I'm glad today is a new day for you. What did you find out about Jackson? I need that website for bedding I'm trying to find something for Kenley's room, and I found the perfect set at Pottery Barn Kids. Ahhhhh...can you say $300, there is no way Dustin would let me do that. So if you get a chance can you email me that website. Love You!

echolsfamily said...

I'm so sorry Mel. That dish detergent is totally my bad. I should've just bought the pack at Costco instead of waiting for the dumb coupon! I hope today is a much better day and that Jackson is feeling good again.

Crys said...

sucky day!

hey- share the bedding website, yeah? i need some toddler bed Diego garb.

Crys said...

Thanks for the website- we need new bedding for our bed too, so that is great. As far as the costumes go, they have to be new because they are for kids with immuno suppression. Thanks, though. I am glad you liked the book. I think it turned out well.