Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Animas Reunion

My camera broke- CRAP! I will die without one. And the biggest problem, not sure how we are going to get one so if any one knows of any good deals out there let me know! (maybe like, let someone give a presentation on water filters and they give you a free camera??) just a suggestion... haha

Hence I have no pictures from the wondrous event. But I wanted to write about and maybe my wonderful sister-in-law will come visit and give me some soon. Animas is cool. Yeah its an easy target and sometimes I make fun of little things like Jarom having the same amount of people in his graduating class as I did in my primary class, but there aint nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think Jarom would be a very different person if he hadn't been brought up there. In a weird way I am even reminded of El Paso when I visit because of the hometown feel, the colonies roots and the small Mormon community. (oh yeah but then I look around and see not one store and no dirty river or bums: not that I miss those)

Anyway, Animas had a 60 year reunion and there were about 500 people at the church for the event. I got to meet a lot of people I have heard stories about and it was a fun little shin-dig. Best of all, we got to hang out with Jarom's family and extended family. The kids loved the wide open space and chasing the dog Chuy. Lydi really had fun with her cousins and Jack too actually! I made the mistake of telling Paxton to go wrestle Jack. Paxton came running at full speed and bowled him over but Jack was tough. Thats what boy cousins are for. It was a great time.

No comments: