Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Not Sleepless in Seattle

When my best bud Stace bought me a ticket to Seattle, I was extremely excited but slightly worried that I might really miss my kids, or just not know what to do with myself. So I took these last pics of them in the car:


I did miss them and looked at these pictures a few times. I missed Jarom too but I had a blast! It was quite natural and easy to go back into the old Mel and Stace routine like we were in college! It was good to laugh hard again and to have long deep girl conversations. I think we both agreed that we are a little more serious than we used to be (I am working on that), we are probably more responsible, and can't stay up as late but all in all we're the same ol' gals. Here are some pics:

Me and the Seattle skyline.

Canoeing around the arboretum.

Stacey's band practice.
Rollerblading around the harbor/beach area.

Oh man the food was SO good! (or maybe its just nice eating something not made by me)



We also went to two movies, shopped with no time limits, and I read the entire Breaking Dawn book. All stuff I can't do at home so it was great.

Thanks so much Stace- it was a very memorable trip and a much needed break! Thanks Jarom, my in-laws, Mary, and Andrea for help with the kids while I was gone!

3 comments:

RonJohn said...

can i come next time.... so jealous!

Bree said...

How fun! Uninterrupted movies, reading and shopping? I can't exactly remember what that is like, but I think I remember enjoying them.= )

Emmy said...

How lucky for you! One of these days I will take a trip like that, sans kids and husband :)