Wednesday, September 9, 2009

El PASO!

I LOVE IT. We went for Labor Day and it was so great. Sorry no pics: I have no camera. But you can just imagine:

Day 1: Got in at 2am, stayed up laughing and chatting until 4am with my mom, the twins, Rachel, Lecca, and DJ and their fun friends. Luckily the kids at least got some sleep.
Day 2: Woke up at 8:30 (thanks Jack) and the kids had a blast running around in the rennovated backyard with the dogs and Trey, Emma and Trent. We hung out and chilled until the UTEP game. We all put on our mighty orange and headed out! Jack had an absolute BLAST. Lydi kind of laid on Lala's lap after awhile and said, "I'm tiwerd mom." So we left at half time but left Jarom with the boys. It was a heartbreaker: UTEP had a chance to tie it but got a penalty. Boys came home depressed. But I was overjoyed because BYU BEAT OKLAHOMA!!! WHAT???!!! SO STINKIN AWESOME. (wow I sounded like such a Mormon right then). But more depression set in when I found out something screwed up the DVR and we missed the last 10 minutes of the game. Jarom looked like he wanted to cry. Then we ate Taco Cabana, watched Xavier and Santiago (rach's crazy friends) dance, laughed our heads off and stayed up until 3am (a little better).
Day 3: got up at 8 (thanks Jack), got ready for church, had the BEST time at church. I just love being home in my old ward, so many great testimonies (including my baby sis), awesome lessons AND the best part is they kept Jack in Nursery so I could actually enjoy myself and get something out of church! Spent the rest of the evening watching football, eating cookie dough, catching up with my Reggie, dancing, laughing etc... stayed up until 3am.
Day 4: Woke up at 7:50 (thanks again Jack) Jarom was really hyper for some reason and went to play basketball with my bros and cousins, I stayed home and got ready for the mall. While the girls were getting ready I had some special time with my grandpa which was awesome. We then hit the mall and found too many good deals. I've been telling Jarom that if I find new shorts (because I only have ONE pair that fit me and have worn them everyday this summer) for under 10 bucks then I would buy them. Sure enough... THANKS CHARLOTTE RUSSE! I found some! Also thanks to all the non-LDS people in El Paso who don't buy up the long shorts! They were 9.99 and super cute! Then the fun came to an end.

All together a great weekend. We got home at midnight and we were all pretty tired. But it was great. I love going home, thats how heaven will be... just a trip home.

3 comments:

Bree said...

How fun! Plese tell me you ate at Pepe's (Pepe's right? If not you know where I'm talking about). I still think about those tamales. I hate that you were in Texas and I couldn't see you. Why is this dang state so dang big?? Good news though, we just bought our tickets to Phoenix. We'll be there Oct 9-12 for my new nephews blessing. You better be in town! Maybe we'll do Rio again? I haven't had it since the last time I was in Phoenix.

echolsfamily said...

Sounds like a GREAT trip! I love that you are a night owl! :)

RonJohn said...

Good times, Good times