Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Lydi Bitty!

This little princess started her birthday about a week and half before her birthday. She's been dreaming of owning a Sleeping Beauty barbie all year. Finally, grammy and papa came through. And Joni provided Lydi with the "long hair", she is so lucky.
The Lala came to spoil her more with a GORGEOUS Sleeping Beauty dress that she had also been dreaming about and the coolest dance bag ever.
Then we had her tea party/princess ball. It was so fun! We had sandwiches and wonderful cake that daddy helped decorate. (Its Sleeping Beauty in case you couldn't tell- Jarom is seriously a cake artist and what I love is that even though Selle calls him gay, he likes doing it)

After that we moved in to the dance studio for the princess ball. This was a last minute idea and it was so awesome! Oh yeah and I dressed up in my wedding dress because I knew Lydi would love it. (it was a little too big in some places and a little too small in others if you know what I mean)






These boys were the cool boys... just like church dances already!
On her real birthday, I wanted to do breakfast in bed (my family's tradition) but decided that might be a little messy, so I just gave her chocolate milk with pancakes and she was happy! Aunt Rachel ordered a phone call from Aurora! So cool! So we waited for that and then we made cupcakes to share with her dance classes. After that we went to the park and played and then we went to Wal Mart all together (daddy got home early, so awesome) and we bought All Dogs Go To Heaven and Secret of Nimh, and some nail polish.







Some things about Lydi:
She is almost always polite and calm. She is such a sweet girl. There is a girl in her dance class who has a hard time joining in and I heard Lydi tell her, " you wanna do dance class with us?" She was trying to get her involved. She is always dreaming, dancing, dazing out, in a make believe world. She has a specific order of which princesses she likes. She loves animals even though she is a little frightened by them. She gets sick of her brother but mostly is pretty kind to him, even when he is attacking her, biting her, pulling her hair, wrecking her stuff. She loves to put stuff in order and make things neat. She will give anyone a love and a kiss. She seems shy but she is a performer, loves to be out in front of the crowd showing her stuff. She loves her daddy and prays for him when he's at work. I love Lydi and look forward to our special relationship for the rest of eternity.


The kids had fun and Lydi got showered (and I said no need for presents) with cute gifts and I think she is the most spoiled little princess on earth...

5 comments:

Kylee said...

Too cute!! I love it :) You still know how to rock that dress too! lol :)

Jenn said...

What a spoiled little princess you are Miss Lydi! A sleeping beauty barbie, cake, a princess ball, tea party, AND a call from Aurora??? I love it! Wish I was there though, dang it. I am dying to see her at Disneyland the first time she spots those princesses!!!!

Bree said...

What a cute party! I love that you dressed up in your wedding dress. Ok, so I'm hoping she still likes Cinderella too because her little present has her on it. See you soon!

Jason said...

Melanie,
Do you still live in Arizona? Elise and I are coming this weekend for Ryan's wedding. I don't know if I have your email/phone number. Since this is private, send me a text at 619-876-6990. We should try and get together for lunch/dinner/breakfast or something. Ok talk to you later.

Jason

Mary Taylor said...

Cute pictures!! That was such a fun party. Lydi is the most princess-y girl I've ever known!! Too cute :)