Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Room Revamp

When we moved into our new house, we left our front room as our junk room/guest room. We had lots of boxes, an old piano, and some old furniture I bought when I had just finished college. I had some ideas for the room IF we ever got money of course. But a generous donation of a nice neutral couch from my Aunt Joy got the wheels turning and got me searching through boxes of what I thought was just crap to make this room cute! Now its one of my favorite spots in the house. Its not totally what I would do if I had money of course, BUT it was FREE!!! Didn't buy a single thing! I found cool things like a strange copper plate from Argentina and some weird Costa Rica stuff making a nice eclectic comfy new room to enjoy!






4 comments:

Lori and Trevor said...

love your room. i know we do need to get together and do our visiting teaching too. you need to kick me in the butt. I have been a slacker. I guess i have a little excuse becuase of the baby but I can go now. I am feelng much better. I want to meet the new lady she seems so nice.

Bree said...

Wow a SPARE room? What's that?

Looks good!

echolsfamily said...

Good job! And didn't even have to buy anything...Awesome! I have a downstairs full of junk and boxes, want to help?!

RonJohn said...

ohhh i love makeover rooms. It looks great.