This year I can truly say I tried to do it all. Dance performance for the Suns, Party with the Cousins, Christmas Lights, Party for the dance teams, Christmas cards, Goody gifts, a Real Tree, Temple Lights, Sugar Cookies, Homemade stockings for Nursery and blah blah blah... just finished the dance showcase/party and I feel finally like we are almost there, almost to the best day of the year! I really thought at the beginning of December that I was going to try to simplify this year. I thought about emailing my Christmas card, maybe cutting out a party or two, less goody gifts etc... but I actually enjoy doing it. Yeah it got a little stressful at times, and I may have a year that I simplify so don't get too used to those Christmas cards :) but this year I feel we are so blessed. Blessed that we are all healthy and doing well and I've been blessed with lots of energy so why not? As long as my kids understand that we are doing all of this to celebrate the Savior's birth than I'm good. I've caught them climbing the shelf to peek at the Nativity a lot this month, Lydi pretended her baby was Baby Jesus and Jack learned the word baby this month (don't know if that is because of Baby Boston or Baby Jesus but it makes me smile nonetheless).
Going to get the tree:
We started a new tradition this year. On the night we get our Christmas tree the kids get to open an ornament from mom and dad to hang on the tree. Jack got a black lab puppy (you'll know why after next week) and Lydi got a princess tiara of course.
The next weekend we had Cassie and Justin and their family in town for her to have the baby! He is so cute! Boston Echols was born on December 7th. It was exciting to be a part of it. Me and Charlotte took the kids to look through the window at their new brother. When they came home Kaybri said clear as day, "Boston!" I got all teary eyed, good thing everyone was staring at the baby.
The next weekend we had Lala come to town. We shopped and shopped and shopped, made sugar cookies, hosted our cousin party, and then we were busy bees getting ready for the Suns game! It was fun. All the girls did really good, I'll try to post a video soon. Lydi fell on her patootey at the end and started crying which made it even more cute (nothing cuter than a little girl crying in a tutu). But other than the mishap at the end, she actually performed really well! She followed along and smiled really big! We were joined at the game by Niki, Clayton,Uncle Van, Aunt Susan, Jarom, Jack, Lala, Uncle Selle, and Drew. It was a blast! Even though we were literally sitting in the LAST row.
Jack always finds Aunt Mary. He is in LOVE with her!
Jack found more girlfriends at the game!
The next weekend, we went to see temple lights with Paul and Breanne, I will upload those pics later... it was really fun and today Lydi said: "Mom, member the temple? and all the lights? and we drank hot chocit?" She must have had a great time:) Christmas here we come!



























4 comments:
We are sad we missed the party this year! Way too much going on, maybe next year. We miss you guys, it's been way too long! We should get together after Christmas.
It was really fun!! Thanks for coming over and going with us!
You're right - you are doing it all! I've had years like that too where I try to do it all, but it's because I wanted to, so it was stressful, yet happy :)
You're amazing - I think it's so awesome that you have a dance studio and that they perform at Sun's games - and with the friggin coolest costumes ever - Lydi looks adorable & I love the tights.
Merry Christmas!!
(Good luck with the special surprise gift!)
Well i'm glad someone has time to post some pics up of Boston. I swear i tell cassie everyday! Lydi & Jack are sooo cute! Lydia looks like a big kid now! She's growing up way to fast!
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! We have thought about getting a live tree.. but so far just always use our fake one, I can have it up longer that way :)
Post a Comment