Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crazy Morning

I think I need a mommy medal for today. I entertained my two stinkers in the doctors office for 2 solid hours (half of which was in a hot, pent up little room with all kinds of instruments to get into). I consoled my babies after their shots all the while I was getting whoozy and had to sit down,  on the verge of fainting again! I guess this pregnancy is making me into a fainter. I then took them to McDonalds where I had to chase Jack so he wouldn't steal other kids' food. While I was chasing Jack, Lydi was proceeding to climb higher and higher in the playplace. Pretty soon I hear a familiar wailing. I am so claustrophobic so I was trying everything to get her to go down the slide so I wouldn't have to rescue her. I sent up all kinds of random kids, "hey go help my little girl, show her how to get down" but all I would hear is Lydi's screams become more high-pitched. By this time everyone was listening. After about 10 minutes of failed encouragement, some nice man said, "go ahead and go on up, I'll keep an eye on your son." Little did he know it wasn't Jack I was that worried about, it was the enclosed plastic madness. Finally I took a deep breath and started winding my way up. I almost ran kids over as I trudged up there trying to go as fast as I could. I grabbed my Lyd and we went sliding. Rescued!! And the nice man really was nice because Jack wasn't kidnapped or anything. Whew! All in a mornings work.

7 comments:

Clayton and Niki said...

Hahaha! I know I shouldn't laugh because your morning sounds super stressful, but I just can't help but wish I was there with you to see your heroic rescue of little Lyd. You are a super mom!

Jenn said...

I hate when kids get stuck in those things! One time I had to send Kyle and his friend to literally drag Kimball to the slide and push him down it. He wasn't scared, just stubborn. That must have been scary for your claustrophobic, fainty self! Ha ha!

hatch family said...

Wow i love all the blogging going on here! I hope all is going good with the pregnancy. Sounds like you have your hands full with the lil kiddos! I miss them soo much, give em' both a big smooch for me!

Crys said...

Why do they make those things for kids anyway? Totally unsafe and annoying!!! Congrats on another little Ellis!

Emmy said...

Wow, you do deserve an award! I HATE when you have to wait at the Dr that long, it is just wrong.

Bree said...

I hate going to the pediatrician. The waiting. The shots. The germs. Speaking of germs...THAT is the reason I hate those things at McDonald's. But I can definitely see the calustraphobia thing too!

Rob and Jen said...

What a brave mom you are! I still have nightmares about my rescue adventures in various playlands! Glad you made it through another exhausting day!!!