Have you ever known a person that NEVER has anything bad to say about anyone? Even when you try to intrigue them with some good gossip they are always kind and understanding and when you want to vent they always see the other person's point of view.
I have never been one of these people, but I've always admired them. So my little Christmas goal to bring the Spirit in our home more is to not say anything bad about anyone. To be a listening ear and truly love and help others rather than judge, compare, vent etc...
I am doing this because it is a big weakness of mine and I just want to try it out. I'll post my progress. So far I've had 2 days with no negative talk. I hope I notice the difference in how I feel (I'm sure I will if I stick to it) and I hope others can see the difference too, especially those to whom I gossip :) I'm not going to lie its going to be tough for me so wish me luck! Oh and if I try to gossip to you- remind me...
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a good goal.
Just so you know, I really don't think of you as gossipy.
So this is all the more inspiring :)
Noooooooo! What ever will we talk about?? haha. Just kidding. This is a really good goal. And I agree with Breanne, you're not a gossip anyway. But I think this is something everyone can improve on to some degree. I'll join you! Clayton is one person who is really good at this. The guy never let's me vent without pointing out the other person's point of view. Sometimes it drives me nuts, but I know he's right. Here's to no more bad talk! Love you Mel. You're such a good example to me and you have been my entire life.
When are we gonna hang out? Call me when you're free. Let's do dinner and play cards!
You have inspired me Melanie. That is a great idea. Why is this such a hard thing to do, and I, like you, am negative about myself too.
Post a Comment