Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jack's Surgery

Before the surgery in the waiting room:
 That icky gown he hated:
 After the surgery in the recovery room:

Oh how my heart ached all night- I didn't want to wake my buddy up at 5am to take him in to the hospital! So I think I showed up a little OVER-prepared. We had a dvd player, his favorite movies, his favorite pillow, his monkey George of course, his best books, and a few cars. Yeah and then we ended up waiting only like 20 minutes so we didn't even get to watch our movies! The worst part for Jack: putting on the hospital gown. He thought it was a dress and was not happy about wearing a dress. He was literally screaming and saying "NO! I wan't dis one!" pointing to his little shirt. We finally got it on, took the vitals and all that business and then we laid down on the hospital bed watching a cartoon. We fell asleep together and I loved that little moment with him. After that they woke us up to take him back. Saddest thing ever watching your baby be wheeled away with these big eyes- like mom where the heck are they taking me and why aren't you coming with me. Yep I totally cried. I know I know, those who have had sick kids like Richelle, Crys, Cassie, Aunt Joan are realizing what a wuss I am, even though Jack was only getting tubes- I have even greater respect for the trials you women and many other have had to go through.
Here is Jack being wheeled away:

3 comments:

Sam and Rachel said...

Awww, that broke my heart to watch them wheel Jack away. I would have totally bawled too. Hope everything went well and that the tubes help your cute little guy. Seriously, your kids are stinkin' adorable!

Brenden+Nikki said...

I don't think you're a wuss. I got choked up just reading this and imagining what that would be like. I had tubes when I was little for the same reason. I had lost 80% of my hearing. So seeing him wheeled into surgery was probably so hard but I bet you're also so relieved that he'll be able to hear better! ;)

Anonymous said...

I totally got teary watching Jack get wheeled away!! I LOVE that little guy.
He is so sweet... I can imagine the fear for both you AND him... I'm so happy everything went well!