Saturday, July 2, 2011

Jacka is 3!!

We began his birthday festivities on his real birthday. We went to McDonalds for lunch with Lala, Grandpa Mike, Ty, Travis, Daddy, Lydi and Taylor. We had a good time there! Later we had cupcakes with Grammie and Papa on Skype and opened his present from Lala and Grandpa Mike and his present from us.





When you ask him how old he is he puts up 1 finger, than slowly puts up the 2nd and then the 3rd, looks at the fingers, and then shows you- he is 3! We just finished up his party tonight- in fact I still have dishes to do... it was so fun. He got so spoiled- oh man- I never got THAT spoiled (my b-day is the beginning of January so thats probably why).

Get ready for some awesome DRAGON PARTY pics!





















Some Jack info:

He is about 37 lbs and I'm not sure how tall but he is definitely tall for his age. He is a funny kid. He loves Star Wars, dragons, Mickey Mouse and Curious George. He is headed for sure nerd-dome. I mean he has glasses and loves Star Wars... not that there is anything wrong with that. In fact I kind of love it! He is so so so helpful. He loves helping me sort the laundry or put away the dishes. He also is very sweet to Taylor (most of the time). I find them giggling together quite often. He is pretty horrible at going to bed these days. He gets in bed just fine but gets out of bed about 10 times before he falls asleep. Jarom is always the real patient one at night- not me- but sometimes I don't mind his little visits (I really do love hearing his little feet shuffle down the hall). He is kind of a picky eater but when he likes something (pizza, spaghetti, macaroni, some vegetables) he scarfs it down and eats a ton. He had surgery on his ears last week - I will include that post when I get my camera back- and so he is hearing a lot better. I'm sure the talking will catch up soon. He is saying a lot more and is plenty expressive! We love this cool little guy. He is the cutest stinker in the whole world. His face makes me melt. Oh and one more funny thing... he fell asleep on the pot at Aunt Mary's house a few days ago! He is still working on his potty training for number 2 and she was being so sweet to sit by him and rub his back so he could relax and try to go and then bam he just fell asleep- bum in toilet... haha he is so funny! We love Jack so so so so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He IS the sweetest! Today he just let me hold him almost the entire time in nursery... It was so cute!! You have great kiddos Mel!
Happy Birthday Jackson!!

RonJohn said...

oh my gosh, the cake!!! Amazing. I love it