I was reading blogs and feeling the dark cloud of guilt? jealousy? depression? whatever it is... settling down over me and I was like go away cloud! I love reading blogs! But if I read too many I can start doing this- tell me if you've ever done this... "oh crap I don't make bread I suck, oh dang I only have 3 kids I should have more time than that girl with 5 but she does xyz..., shoot I didn't refinish any furniture today I am so lazy..." we treat ourselves so bad sometimes!
The truth is when I think about it- I did make some tortillas from scratch, I did rennovate a dance studio this month and my 3 kids and 2 businesses keep me plenty busy! I don't say that to make the next gal say "oh man I didn't make tortillas today" haha I just say it to point out that if you EVER feel that way when you look at anothers life... remember you are only catching a glimpse. Life is a marathon for everyone and somedays you are a great mom and others you are kind of sub-par... we can all be better all the time but we are all on our own journeys! If we could just cut the comparing and realize its not a contest! soap box ended :)
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love love love! I do the same thing to myself. I have to take a step back and be happy with where I am at in my life. Thanks for the reminder!
I completely agree. You're awesome!
I love you Mel. And how do you always know what's going on in my head? Ha!
Post a Comment