My sister and sister-in-law heired their dirty laundry so I decided to let mine all hang out. Here are my not so brilliant moments and habits:
1. I am anal about brushing my teeth but I don't brush Lydi's very often. I have been better since Aunt Rachel told me she was going to be the kid with the yellow teeth and bad breath.
2. I full on smack Jack in the head when he bites me while nursing, I can't help it, it hurts so bad! He doesn't cry, he just gives me the sad lower lip and it breaks my heart.
3. I mop, hmmm... about once a month. (spot cleaning is good enough right??)
4. I leave diapers everywhere. Then, before Jarom gets home, I pick them all up! Quite a system!
5. I call my kids farts and turds and then when Lydi says, "mama I am a fart!" I laugh really hard so she says it over and over again.
6. I only wash the kids' sheets when an "accident" happens. (poop, pee, throw-up etc...) So when we are having a good month, the kids sleep in their own body ash (sorry mom, she used to wash our sheets once a week!)
7. I am on a hair washing schedule, Tues, Thurs and Saturdays. Thats it- I don't deviate.
8. During our latest potty training episode (I'll post on this later) Lydi has peed a couple of times and I never found the spot... (ok and once I never looked) hopefully our house won't start to smell.
Ok lets hear 'em, I know I am not the only one who doesn't brush their childrens teeth and smacks their nine month old!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
All these confessions are cracking me up. I've been laughing all day just thinking about them. The washing sheets one is classic- if mom had any idea....luckily I wash all the sheets right before she comes! (body ash.... ha ha ha, that's mom's term) Those are so funny! But don't smack poor little Jack too hard, he's so cute.
Ha ha! I love reading these. I'll have to post my dirty laundry soon too.
ha ha I can't share my bad mommy habits yet....but I have to say that a lot of these sound familiar and I don't even have kids yet. Maybe I'll have some to share in a couple months?
Anyway, I hardly ever mop either. And I'm horrible at changing sheets. I also have a hair washing schedule so I think that is completely normal. I don't have specific days, but it is every other day and I never deviate from it either. And the peeing thing cracks me up. I have a friend who has twins and she said one of her boys came running in saying something about the other little one pooping so she ran outside and here is the little guy sitting in the tree with his pants down, doing his business up in the branches and letting all the contents just fall in their front yard. ha ha. I guess they can be proud that he has the toilet concept down....even if he thinks it's ok to do that in the branch of a tree.
Wow potty training sounds awesome :)
These are hilarious!
I totally don't wash Elle's sheets until she has an accident either. Even then, I gripe. Mop? I don't even own one. I do Swiffer spot checks only when the spills are visible. I don't wash my hair everyday either. It's every other day or every 3 days if I throw on a hat. Am I supposed to brush Elle's 1/8 of a tooth that's sticking out? Don't tell me because I'm not doing it anyways.
You are so funny, I dont wash sheets unless there is a reason either! :)
Oh my gosh- you crack me up! I am SO bad about brushing teeth too. Keep staying busy and loving your family. You are one cool chica!
You're so funny. I call my 3-mo-old all sorts of names I shouldn't, also leave diapers all over the house (I used to think it was so gross that my SIL did that, now I know it's just normal!), and rarely wash her crib sheets. My mom washed our sheets once a week, too! Oh, and I gave my baby some juice yesterday (she hasn't even had rice cereal yet!). Only because I was hoping it would make her poop- she gets all cranky when she's constipated! Oh, and I don't always use a baby wipe when changing a wet diaper. And I'm sure I do lots of other terrible things. :)
Post a Comment