Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Longest Day...

4:30am- "mommy!! Wake up! I need a kleenex! Mommy, clean my ear, my ear is bugging me!" (Lydia- she never went back to sleep)
5am-movie on the couch with Lydi
7am- realtor 1 calls to say an offer for my buyer has been accepted, woo-hoo! Here comes the work!
7:45- realtor 2 calls to say that my listing has been approved, woah this day is getting busy.
8am- call to make a dr.'s appointment, put on hold during breakfast, clean-up and getting dressed time- finally get a ten o'clock.
9:15 drop Jack off at Aunt Mary's so I can take Lydi to the dr. (Thank goodness for Aunt Mary).
(driving, driving, more driving)
10a- dr.'s appointment, Dr asks, "Lydi, do you have any owies?" Lydi answers, "yes right here" and points to her right ear, dr. confirms the ear infection. Good job Lydi! Who needs a dr?
10:45- rush to work
11a - teach 10 dramatic teenagers a dance to 'Disturbia' while Lydi is hanging on to my shirt
12- drop off prescription, grab lunch for the Goose on the way to Mary's.
driving, driving, driving...
1- pick up Jackson, head home for naps
1:30- Jack is down, aaaahhh, oh wait Lydi's crying, and crying and crying. "Mom my nose is bugging me!" a little Triaminic and a few Lullabys, time to get to work!
2-3p- real estate stuff, lots of it
3p- Jack wakes up, play with him for a minute, entertain him with a piece of paper and a highlighter and back to work.
4:30p- a little cuddle time with Jack while I nurse and feed him.
5p- start dinner, while its cooking have a lesson on the resurrection for Family Home Evening and get the leftover eggs ready to dye.
5:30p- eat dinner
6p- meet my real estate clients at their new house for paper work.
7p- rush home to nurse Jack and help Jarom (what a good man I got!)
8p- rush out the door to H&R Block for a quote- I know I am the biggest procrastinator!
8:15p- find out it will cost us at the very least $600 to do taxes! Thats highway robbery!
8:30p- Grocery shopping time.
9:30p- unload and start doing MY OWN taxes on Turbotax- stupid H&R.
1am- ok I'm tired, my contacts are stuck to my eyes and I look like the crypt keeper. Time to go to bed. I'll finish taxes tomorrow.
3:30am- "mommy I need some milk, wake-up! Please some milk mom?" (Lydi standing by my bed) a little milk, her primary cd, back to bed.
6:00am- There is Jack, why is he up so early? Here we go again!

Its not normally THIS busy, but when you have your hands in as many pots as I do- these days happen. But its a new day and I actually feel really good, energized by accomplishing a lot. I could never do all this without Jarom. I wonder when the sleep thing is going to hit. Stay tuned for Easter and potty training posts... need to load pics.

8 comments:

dustin and amy said...

Wow that is a long day! I think I would have a nervous breakdown.

RonJohn said...

i cant believe you cooked dinner. it would have been a pizza night for me!!! Don't kill yourself!

Bree said...

I am tired just reading that post. Please don't kill yourself! Too many days like that and I might have to nominate you for TLC's 10 years younger!That's awesome that Jarom is so helpful, I'm sure it makes all the difference. I seriously don't know how single moms do it. Do you want another mommy confession....I'm telling you right now that homemade dinner, grocery shopping and FHE would've been rescheduled for Tuesday night. You are amazing!

Mauzy Fam said...

Ugh! I'm tired. Are you sure that all happened in one day?? You are megawoman!

Travis and Britni said...

holy cow, you're amazing. I would fall over dead after a day like that. I don't know how you do it all. You're new title should be Super Mommy. That's amazing. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

YOu are one busy mommy!!

debra said...

wowzers your busy! having sick kids alone is hectic! at least work is going good! :) maybe you should schedule a nap tomorrow!

Team Cody said...

Hey Girl...you are superwoman! Let me know if you need anything when you're out this way! We REALLY need to hang out at your place, have a BBQ, watch a movie, have jack teach grace how to crawl, see the new decorations to the pad...what do you think?