Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Its A...

Ok first the story: Jarom is in school at Apollo College to be a Medical Sonographer. His first OB ultrasound was on yours truly :) At about 16 1/2 weeks, I went in and he took some pictures of the baby. Here is us getting started:
Jarom and a few of his fellow students scanned for a while. Jarom took the first pic below and then Donna, a schoolmate, took the second. Jarom zoomed in really good because we knew it was between the legs. Everyone said "GIRL" right away. But we stuck around and waited for his teacher's opinion. She also agreed= GIRL.


Here's Lydi and Jack examining their baby sister or brother...


I had been feeling like this baby was a boy all along, so I decided to wait until my ultrasound from my ob to be sure. Yesterday I had that ultrasound. And... drumroll... The Dr. said DEFINITELY A FEMALE.
Here's a cute profile shot from the docs ultrasound:


YAY! I wanted a girl because
a. I wanted Lydi to have a sister that was somewhat close in age to her
b. Mary and Jenni are having girls so 3 girl cousins would be fun and
c. I was the third child, I'm a girl and I had an oldest sister and older brother too so its like having me!!

So I celebrated by going out with my cousin Andrea and buying an outfit and a baby book. Andrea got the baby the cutest little tank onesie too. I'm super excited for another little princess.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

COngratulations. HOw fun that Jarom got to do that!

Eldredge Family said...

I am stilling laughing at Sister Dottie! You have a "Y" in your eye! It is most definitely a girl! LOL! Congrats on a healthy baby girl!

elise said...

Fun, fun! That will be so great for Lydi to have a sister. And the pic of you & Jarom? Perfect.

RonJohn said...

"its like having me"

haha You are such a dork. I want to go girl shopping for her too! Jealous!

Breanne said...

Yay! How funny that I called asking just today ...
So we will have our girls so close in age - I'm excited!! That will be nice for Lydi & this one to be closer than further apart. Any name ideas?

I'm so excited it's a girl :)

And how rad is that that Jarom did one of the ultrasounds? Rad I tell you.

dustin and amy said...

Yea! Will she be soft spoken like lil Lydi or like sweet lil Jack attack? We loved having them over! Can't wait to see what this new little one looks like!

Sarah Pace said...

congrats guys!!!! anothe little cutie comin! thats awsome that Jarom got to practice on you! good luck the rest of the way melanie!

Brenden+Nikki said...

aw that is so awesome!! Congrats! How cool is that that Jarom got to do your ultrasound too?! I love it!

The StaceNeedle said...

YAY! Congrats Mama Lili! Can't wait to meet the little princess. When she comes out. Of course. And when I make it down there. Which I should prioritize. Ok.

hatch family said...

Yay Girl! I would've been happy with either..but i'm with you i really thought you were having a boy! Thats exciting news! Happy to see pictures of her!

Team Cody said...

SO exciting. When is your due date? I bet we are days from each other! Congrats girl!

Crys said...

YAy!!! Hey- Make Jenni add me so I can follow her blog. I am SO excited she is having a girl too!!

Bree said...

Yay!!!! I love girlies!!And how perfect that Mary and Jenni are having girls too. It will be like you, Roni and Nikki all over again!

We need belly pics!!