Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Anniversary

So over a month later... here I am blogging about our anniversary! It was awesome! It was the big NUMBER 5 and we had a great excuse to leave town since my cousin Alexis was getting married. My wonderful mother-in-law came up and watched our kids for us and we took off and a 14 hour trek. Oh but before that we went to watch the Suns beat the Lakers in game 4!! (too bad they lost after that) It was an AWESOME game though and we had tons of fun. Jarom spent all this time picking me out a Suns shirt. I wish I had a better pic of it!
Ok so now we start the 14 hour trip... started out happy...
Then Game 5 started on the radio... we listened until it was 6 minutes to go...
The mood got somber pretty quick. We finished the game at Texas Roadhouse in El Paso and had to ignore the Laker fans as we watched stupid Artest get a lucky shot at the end. But we tried not to let it ruin our trip. We hit a late movie at Basset Center and went to my old house to sleep. It was so crazy cause no one was there! That has never happened in my entire life! We were alone! (well with Maggie and Pierre, the pooches). We headed out the next day to finish the trip to San Antonio. The wedding was next:

I love these two! I KNEW they would end up together!

The wedding was so fun. I danced it up with my pregnant belly! We also got to sneak in a visit with Aunt Jojo, Uncle Tristan and little Trista. We never get to see them now since they moved to Del Rio.

It was seeing the whole family, here's gramps and my Reggie
It was also grandma's birthday and my cousins, my mom and I put together this awesome quilt with all the family names on it and their pic in the middle. (Ok so I was more of the consultant and picture editor since I can't sew) But she loved it.
Then it was back on the road- 14 more hours! It was fun being kidless and carefree but boy did we miss those toots! And my ankles were balloons when we got home! I love my hubby and I can't believe its only been 5 years since we've been married! I can't imagine life without him!

2 comments:

RonJohn said...

good times good times

Bree said...

I am not even going to comment on all of the Laker hating going on around here. Lucky shot my ***! Anyways, I am glad you guys had such a fun trip! I hope Jarom knows how lucky he is to have a wife that will listen to sports on the radio on a road trip. Watching a game is one thing, but LISTENING to one??? That is incredible. Please don't tell Lance there are wives that will do that! I wish we could have made it down there to see you guys. You look amazing!