We've passed the temple many times on our trips to Animas, El Paso, or Thatcher and have seen its progress from ground up. So it was really cool to go to the open house and take a tour. The first day we went down, we thought you had to have an appointment. Well it turns out they didn't even check our reservation. We went through and then went home. I knew my whole El Paso family was coming up to go through the next day and I was sad that I thought you HAD to have a reservation and had already gone the day before. So when we woke up the next day back in Queen Creek, we decided lets just make the 2 1/2 hour trek again so we can hang with the fam. I'm sure the kids were like, "what the...??" We packed up and went again. So we saw the open house twice and I was glad we did it.
Last week they cancelled church so we could go to the broadcast of the dedicaton. It was really neat to be there. My grandma and grandpa Larson are from the Gila Valley and Jarom grew up going there (its the closest town to where he grew up, went to college there, and his old stake was involved in the dedication since it is their temple now. He was beaming watching it. I was excited that we weren't allowed to bring kids and I actually got to hear the Prophet speak without any distraction! It was very spiritually uplifting and I'm so grateful to have temples nearby.
The next day with cousins: Drew and Maile
Two partners in crime: Trent and Jack






2 comments:
I love love the last picture. Haha. It captures them both so perfectly. It's like you can almost hear them thinking, "Quick, no one is looking!" Haha. Love it!
Temple dedications remind me of you because the first one I ever saw was in El Paso with you. Wasn't that a dedication?? Think so.
Sorry we missed you guys in San Antonio. When did we get so old with real jobs and responsibilities? ugh! I hope you guys had a great time!!
Post a Comment