Another tough night with my Tater Tot. I am finally giving in- no dairy for 3 days. There has to be a miraculous difference or I'm going back to my dairy! I am a milk FREAK so you must now how much I love Taylor (or how frustrated I am with the crying :) If she cries anyway then I may as well enjoy my Instant Breakfast while I pat her! Poor baby- I do feel so bad for her! (ice cream, cheese, sour cream... this is going to be hard)
On a side note- I'm going to time out for women this weekend! It won't be a true time out cause I'm taking Taylor but I am hoping she'll be good so I can listen and learn stuff and feel better about my mothering and wife-ing!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I went to TOFW last year and had Collin. They are so accommodating for mom's with newborns/young babies. I'm sure you'll have a great time! ;)
Good luck on the dairy. That would kill me too. We go through 3 gallons of milk in less than 2 weeks.
Mel - now we really need to chat! I love milk too, drink multiple glasses a day normally. But now I've had to go off of it for Taya & Dyllan. Here is the thing; some sources say you can tell a difference in the baby by only going off of it for 3 days, but you dig deeper & find out a lot of sources will tell you it takes a good 2+ weeks to get it out of your system & be able to tell a difference in the baby. I did both the 3 day attempt & the 2 week attempt with Taya and didn't see a difference until the 2 week attempt ... big difference. And things got a lot better once I was off of it. I've been able to have yogurt & a little cheese with both babies and it has seemed ok. Ice cream has always caused fussiness for both though, along with milk of course. You might want to go off of all of it though at first and wait 2 weeks before reintroducing yogurt & cheese. I like almond milk as the closest tasting alternative to cow's milk (I actually like plain better than vanilla) - but I mostly just have it in cereal or as chocolate milk, not so much glasses of milk. It's all SOOOO worth it though. Happier baby!!!!! Gripe Water (can buy at Sprouts, etc.) has helped our babies too. Sounds weird, but it is the only thing that has worked (as opposed Mylecon, colic tablets, etc.).
I know you didn't ask, but I want you to enjoy a happier baby & thought this could help!
Let's get in touch soon!
I had to go off dairy fir my little one. Try drinking lactaid as a substitute. She tolerated it great and it tastes almost the same..I think even a little better. Its pricey but worth it considering how much you like milk. Let me know how it turns out.
I too miss the cows. I'm with ya Mel.
Post a Comment