Friday, February 11, 2011

The Farm

Recently my mom and Mike and Grandma and Grandpa moved in to their new place. We have been enjoying it so much already. Its so nice to see Grandma and Grandpa so so happy and enjoying life again. I love having a home away from home and thats exactly what this feels like. The kids love it and there is so much to explore, we hardly see them when we are there!

The other day, to celebrate Jarom passing his Physics licensing exam for Ultrasound (GO DADDY! woo-hoo!!!) we had an impromptu picnic. Here are the loves of my life in front of the "clubhouse" (a little tack room on the property)
How awesome that my kids will have memories of the two wonderful people who helped raise me. Grandpa was our biggest supporter. I remember him taking to me a football game I was cheering at in 7th grade. I thought he would just drop me off but he stayed for the whole thing and had all the 8th grade players yelling for me! He was always there to scratch my back and tell me stories and he even gave me some much-needed discipline now and again. My grandma was the rescuer. She rescued us from bored summer afternoons when we'd go visit her at work and she'd get us a coke out of the machine and tootsie rolls from her desk. She also rescued me a million times from the wrath of my mom! haha- the biggest two being my car accident and the time I signed up for Golds Gym without telling my mom. I love them both so much and I am so so so grateful I get to spend time with them for the rest of their lives. Thanks Aunt Rhonda for this beautiful pic!
Of course I am also so excited to have my mom and Mike live so close to us! We had the Super Bowl there and it was so fun. Best ever. You'll notice there are no pictures of Jack and Lydi (well I had one of them having a picnic with the guys painting my moms house but I'll have to post it later) or any of the other cousins their age and thats because they actually played outside ALL EVENING- they had so much fun. Lydi said her favorite part was playing in the clubhouse with Emma. Here are some pics of our great time!

















1 comment:

Breanne said...

This post made me happy :) I'm so glad you have your grandparents here too now & that you all are having a great time at your mom & Mike's house (Mike right?).

You look beautiful as always, and sometimes I think it would be fun to be a serrogant family member of yours just b/c your family looks like they have SO much fun! (not that mine doesn't, actually we totally do, but still ... )

Thank goodness for blogs - it has helped me feel kept up on your family just a little bit in the last while.

And congrats to Jarom!!! That's great.