Thursday, February 24, 2011

A few sweet moments...

Taylor- just put her down for the 4th time tonight- can you say stinker?? But the 2nd and 4th were my favorite. 2nd: she was sobbing and she normally doesn't like when I sing her primary songs so I tried "the wheels on the bus" because it used to work for my nephew- out like a light. 4th: she just talked and sang herself to sleep on my lap while sucking on my sleeve.

Jack- HILARIOUS. Between the ups and downs of Taylor tonight- Jack had a few of his own. He insisted Jarom take his shirt off because he was hot. It was quiet for awhile. Then we hear the toilet seat at about 10:30 (he isn't potty trained so we wonder...) I peek in and find a STARK NAKED Jack peeing in the potty. What the...??? I wanted to see what he would do so I left him alone. I checked on him in his room and when he saw me he hid under the covers. Sure enough he was nakey under those covers. I help him get dressed while we both giggled. He was quiet for awhile again. 11pm- Jarom goes in to check on him. STARK NAKED and ASLEEP. No covers. hahaha... we took a pic but this is a public blog so I think we'll keep it for ourselves! I love that crazy guy.

Lydi- we spent the afternoon playing the Bachelor with her little mini princesses and two of the princes. She doesn't know what the Bachelor is (no I don't let my 4 year old watch crazy women throwing themselves at one guy and bawling when they get dissed- so addicting and fun to watch but not exactly the kind of women I want Lydi to exemplify) but she was laughing up a storm when Prince Philip didn't like Pocahontas's song and when Belle tried to do a dance to Single Ladies to impress Prince Charming. So fun. Her little chinese grin and cute little laugh make me so so happy.

Jarom- Kids were down (for the time being) and we started to watch American Idol (I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone to know this but we have been really enjoying watching that and Glee together- he is a dream husband!- I do watch sports too so I guess its a match made in heaven) anyway- I got down on the floor to fold laundry and that cute guy just sat down next to me and started to fold with me! I just made that sound very uncommon- its really not- he helps a lot. It was just fun sitting by him, folding laundry and watching tv. It was a good, normal day.

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, it meant a lot to me especially since your are a veteran with more than one kid and know how I'm feeling from experience. And I love that you said your siblings are everything to you. That is so awesome and such a special thing. I hope my kiddos feel the same about each other.

I loved this post by the way. Your kids are so cute! And wouldn't that be awesome if Jack just potty trained himself? What a dream! One day you wake up to find that he's taught himself overnight on his own....sweet!!

Breanne said...

I love your posts like this. Such a simple, yet beautiful (and funny!) glimpse into your life. I struggle to remember & capture details & stories like this from my family, but you make me want to try more!
I was cracking up about Jack's potty/bed story.
When are we going to make getting together happen? We've just got to! We miss you guys!!

Mary Taylor said...

Cutest story ever!