Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Dance Studio Revealed!

It was a lot of work. We filled gaps in the concrete, painted the concrete-twice, painted the walls, sewed curtains (thanks mom and Aunt Susan), banged grommets in the curtains, hung hooks, organized junk, hung shelves, collected various mirrors and mats and a portable ac unit from Craigslist, cut a hole in the wall for to vent the ac, transplanted a sticker from Niki's house and put up the finishing touches! (this has been going on little by little since Spring Break). My husband is seriously the best husband ever- who else would let their wife hang up Shane Sparks in their garage? He also sweat a lot in the AZ heat getting this room ready. Here are some pics of the whole process:















And here is the finished product:


Classes started this week! Visit my website for more info: http://freestyledance.blogspot.com I am only taking 8-10 per class so hurry before I fill up!

11 comments:

Travis and Britni said...

Holy cow. The garage looks great. Congratulations! Good work Jarom. Hope things go well with your classes.

Jenn said...

It looks so good! I really wish I could send the boys to become little B-boys.... It looks really professional-can't wait to see it in person.

Breanne said...

Wow! That is awesome! I can see why you're so stoked about it - that looks like it was a lot of work - it really does look like a real dance studio. You must have had so much fun being able to do everything exactly how you chose - having your own studio.
You are incredible! Seriously!

Loves!-
Breanne

Mauzy Fam said...

It's AMAZING!! Great job Mel! I'm so impressed with how professional it looks. All your little dancers are going to love it!

hatch family said...

Mel! You and Jarom did an awesome job! It looks great! If i lived there I would go to Dance class.

RonJohn said...

5,6,7,8.... who do we appreciate... Melgo. haha Amazing. I wish i was your business partner. That was the way it was supposed to be when we got all "grown up" ya know!

Mary Taylor said...

Looks fabulous!! I haven't seen it for a while you guys did a lot! You and Jarom are a good team.

Team Cody said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see it in person! P.S. Pretty sure you made my DAY with your "skinny" comment on our blog. Thanks so much. YAY for compliments and friends! Oh, and cute kids of course

Jason said...

Congrats! You do have a nice husband. There is no way I would give up having a garage. That's like what I'm looking forward to most about buying a house.

Crys said...

Melanie-
This is SO cool. Good for you for doing what you love and making the most of it. I think this is just amazing!!

Bree said...

That looks SO good!!! Okay, so Lance is applying to jobs in Phoenix after he graduates and if we move there, Elle is SO taking dance lessons from you. I am not having her grow up with the embarassment and shame that I did being the only girl in her freshmen apartment that couldn't dance. She will not be the source of laughter and entertainment that I was. While I'm thinking of these things.....are you going to teach adult classes? We all know I could use some help! But you can't laugh at me k?