Saturday, August 21, 2010

2009 Milestones and Funnies

DECEMBER 09


When Jack gets hungry or thirsty he goes and knocks on the fridge as if some little fridge leprecauhn is going to open the door and give him something!

Jack points to his nose and says "Nawz" and his eyes and when Lydi is on the potty he says "poopoo"

I put Lydi to bed and was watching tv on my bed. Lydi comes prancing down the hall. She tells me, "mom I'm gonna watch dis show wif you ok?"
Me: No you're going to go to bed. I'm big so I get to stay up, you're little so you have to go to bed.
Lydi: (climbs on the bed) No I'm right here mom and I'm gonna watch dis show.
Me: (in a firm voice) No you're not go to bed right now missy!
Lydi: uuuhhhhh (the biggest teenager sigh ever), FINE. G'night mom
While she's stomping off to bed I say,
Me: Lydi do you need help or can you go by yourself?
Lydi: I can do it, (in a totally ANNOYED voice) Love you mom. And she went to bed! What is so disturbing is she sounded just like a teenager! Scary!

(during the sacrament)
Lydi: (in a loud whisper) mom you have a pretty dress!
I quietly nod and smile
Lydi: (not in a whisper) no mom, say Thank you!

NOVEMBER 09

Lydi: "mom I need some milk"
Me: "how bout water? you've had a lot of milk today"
Lydi:"hmmm..." how bout some juice? That would be so good, Please? I said please now I need some juice"

Jack is in to tackling lately. If Lydi stands still for one second he wraps his arms around her and pulls her down! Then he'll get on top of her so she can't get up. I can't believe Lydi gets bullied by a 16 1/2 month old. He is such a bruiser! Dallas Cowboys here we come!

I was changing Jack's diaper and Lydi walked in and said, "eww did jack poop?" I said yep and then she said, "It does not smell Uh-licious" (delicious)

OCTOBER 09

I was putting Lydi to bed after a long night in the studio and my hair was everywhere I guess because she said, "mama you look like Ewe-sula" I was like, "what? who is Ewe-sula?" She kept saying it and laughing at herself. Finally I said, "Oh! Ursula" (we had watched the Little Mermaid earlier) She said, "YEAH!" and started cracking up. I was rather offended, I mean my hair was a little out of whack, but a big fat sea witch??

Jack learned how to drink from a cup. He drinks so so fast, but he doesn't really spill much! Its so cute because after every large gulp he puts the cup down and goes, "aahhhh" and then picks it up again and goes to town. I love seeing his chubby little hands grasp the cup.

SEPTEMBER 09

Jack decided today that he is a kissy boy. He just went up to Jarom and gave him a open mouthed wet smacker but whats so cute about it, is he crouches down and moves his head around to get just the right spot on the lips. He was trying to get Lydi's lips for a long time while she was moving her head to watch a movie. So cute! This kid is, aaahhh so cute.

In Wal Mart Jack was sitting in the cart and Lydi was hanging on to the bar. Jack was trying to pry her fingers off and he said, "Naw Didi! Naw Didi!" I was pretty impressed with him!

Lydi said, "I want a beauty barbie and a beauty dress for my birthday". I said ok but which one do you want the most? She thought for a minute and then let out the cutest giggle and said sheepishly, "I just want two of them." (I think she meant both)

Lydi was waving a pretend want and said Bippity, Boppity Boo! and pointed to Jack. Then she looked at me and said, "I turned him into a toot!"

Lydi and Paxton collided and Lydi got a fat lip. I said "you got a fat lip Lyd." She giggled and then she said "Yup I sure did."

AUGUST 09

I told Jack, "say LY-DI". He said "Gah Gah" and Lydi said, "no Jack! My name is not Gah!"

This ones kind of gross: Lydi went #2 in the potty and as I was wiping her she was looking at it. She then said in a really excited voice, "Momma! I am that fishy (pointing at you know what) and you are that one mom!" She has a crazy imagination!

Jack did a twirl! I thought it was cute but dad didn't want me to encourage it.

We've been telling Lydi about Disneyland and she wants to go so bad. We said we would go in a "long time" and Lydi said "ok we go to Disneyland in a long time! I like a long time!" I don't think she knows what that means...

Today I picked up Jack and said, "ok lets go night night" and Lydi yelled, "no mom! Don't take my best friend Jack!"


8/10/09
At Church me and Jack were in the hall (surprise, surprise). He was pointing at the painting of Jesus and he repeated "jsh" after me and then did it over and over. So cute!

8/9/09
At about midnight Lydi started screaming like she was terrified. I ran in there and she was face down on her bed sobbing. I picked her up and had to kind of wake her up from her nightmare. I kept asking her what happened and all she could say was "Rella!" So either Rella turned into a monster or Rella was captured by the stepmother or something. She was so scared I had to let her sleep with me and literally woke up on the smallest corner of the king sized bed with her foot in my face.

Jackson learned to bark like a dog and moo. He also learned where his belly button and nose are. When you ask him about his nose, he sticks his finger so far up there it makes his eyes water.

JULY 09

Today Lydi said so randomly, "mom you were on the big potty and I was on the little potty, I was waiting for you and Jesus loves you mama and I love Jesus and I want to go see him"
I was like Wow! Random!

MAY 09

Jackson is officially a pill in church! He loves to climb into everyones bag, walk in to random classrooms, and screams if he's confined.

We were in the garage and Lydi picks up a deer antler from daddy's shelf. And then she tells me with a concerned look, "Oh no mom, this deer needs a mouth! The deer is broken!"

I was watching Scripps National Spelling Bee last weekend and Lydi was complaining.
"No mom! I wanna watch sumpin else!"
Me: Why? This show is good!
Lydi: Dis show is too nervous!

I was going to put a shirt on Lydi and she doesn't like the tight ones that are hard to put on so before I even tried she said,
NO MOM- my heads too big"

Jackson does "roll it, mark it, and THROW it!" so cute...

Last night I put Lydi in bed and she said,
"Morrow I wake up and go see Katelynn and Drew"
Me: We'll go see Katelynn and we'll see Drew later. Do you love Drew?
Lydi: Yes I love Drew... and I love Katelynn
Me: Well I love you!
(she stared at me for a minute and I thought she was going to tell me she loved me BUT)...
Lydi: There's a mole. (pointing to the mole on my face) haha

During sacrament meeting today I was standing on the side in the back with Jack. Lydi comes running from Jarom's lap up to me and says, "MOM! I want to make a SNOWMAN! I want to go to SNOW!" It was funny because its like 102 degrees outside. Everyone turned around and looked at our confused child.

Instead of saying, "mom I want the duck that Jack has", Lydi tells me in the car, "mom Jack don't want that duck".
So I say, "oh really, so do you want it"
Lydi: "ok!"

We were reading the Children's Book of Mormon before bed and I pointed to the picture of Mary and asked, "who's that?"
Lydi: Mary!
Me: Who is that?
Lydi: Baby Jesus
Me: Who is that? (pointing to Joseph)
Lydi: Joseph Smith!
(A little confused but hey at least she's on the right track!)

5/3/09
Jack took 3 steps and he was wearing his Superman outfit! So fitting!

APRIL 09
Lydi likes to say which princess she is randomly throughout the day. Well, she doesn't know the princess' name on Hercules(Meg). So we'll be in a public place and she'll say real loud, "Mom! I'm Hercules! I look like Hercules!"

4/28/09
Jack took his first step! Woo-hoo! He's on the brink... here comes toddler number 2!

4/21/09
Jack learned how to throw his arms up in the air when Jarom says "TOUCHDOWN!" You should see daddy beaming with pride.

We're driving in the car and Lydi randomly says:
"I'm a horse"
Me: "Whats Jack?"
Lydi: "a Pig."
Me: and mama?
Lydi: "a lamb"
Me: whats daddy?
Lydi: a cow.
So glad I wasn't the cow.

Me: Whats daddy's name?
Lydi: Jarrm
Me: Whats mommy's name?
Lydi: (with a sly grin) Bob!
She knew she was making a joke. Me and Jarom cracked up.

No comments: