Well Christmas recovery has taken a bit longer this time- hence I am posting about Christmas on January 20th. Christmas Eve was busy and fun. Christmas music filled our house as I cleaned and wrapped and made costumes... dad helped the kiddos make cookies for Santa- we lazed around the house all day. We only made one quick trip to the store (tried not to have to do that but Travis needed a present from us and I had to get daddy one more little thing) (oh yeah and Jarom drank the Dr. Pepper I had bought for Grandpa Mike).
Then when evening came we ended up an hour late to Lala's just trying to get things wrapped, queso made and kids ready. We had a great evening. I am known for doing the Christmas play every year and I have to say: this was the WORST one yet. haha! Jack and Coby wouldn't get dressed, Chloe changed a million times, Tayah and Mia slept through it and Taylor was kind of grouchy - but what do you expect from 8 kids 4 and under? You can see in the pictures how funny it was. I loved it, it was perfect.
Then we opened gifts from Lala and Grandpa Mike and a few from each other.
Then we heard a knock at the door- Santa's ELVES!!!
There was a pile of presents left on the doorstep for all the kids. They were so excited! They put on their cozy jammies and we headed home. We wrote a letter to Santa and Lydi dictated it to me- I wrote it verbatim. She asked what Santa's favorite color is, which one his favorite reindeer is, and suggested he bring Taylor a dolly. Then we tucked in the excited cuties.

We put the kids in our room because we were terrified they would see what Santa brought before we had a chance to film. Around 6am we woke up all together and talked about the real Christmas story (not Ralphie and the bee bee gun but Luke 2) (thanks Andrea for that awesome idea). Then daddy called us in there. Jack was jumping and yelling! Lydi was so excited too. After opening all the gifts, I made us some biscuits and gravy. Christmas morning was perfect. 

After a little napping and playing we headed to Lala's again to eat ham and potatoes. It was fun seeing all our cousins and aunts and uncles and showing off our new things.
It was so nice to have Grandma and Grandpa Larson with us. With all the changes in our lives right now- they helped it feel like home and we loved sharing Christmas with them.
Daddy worked hard on fixing up a lamp for me and I was so excited about it. Lydi got her horse and carriage she has been wanting and Jack got a remote control lightning mcqueen. Taylor got a door jumper and daddy got a new tool set.
We are so blessed to have these 3 munchkins. I can't believe they are mine. Our first Christmas at home was a success and I am so excited to have many many more.



























No comments:
Post a Comment