
I've been absent from the bloggin world since I moved. You always think, "oh it won't be that big of a deal, I think I have it under control, I am decently organized". And then all of your false presumptions come crashing to a hault when they move the big furniture out and you see every treasure that has been carted around by the two-year old mixed in with dust balls and a few old sippy cups. But we did it. The old house is pretty clean and the new house is getting organized day by day. As I cleaned the last little bit of our old house I got emotional. It was just me in that empty house, Jarom was watching the kids and unpacking at the new house. I felt it was my last great service to a wonderful first home; the home we brought our babies to and took care of for the past 3 1/2 years. I took some pictures of the little imperfections and the great triumphs in our painting. Those stripes took FOREVER- and me and Niki did a dang good job I must admit. And then there were the baseboards- I was too lazy to tape them off and thought a "sureline"could do the trick- meant to touch up but now I never will!





Well having that said, we are LOVING the new house. Everyday I look around and think, wow I can't believe I live here. It has SO much space. I can't believe how many empty cupboards and drawers I have. I love how cozy the kids rooms are, all the beautiful shutters, my HUGE closet, the granite in the kitchen (half the time I feel like some rich person's maid since I always associated granite with being rich- and we surely aren't:) So thanks to my wonderful mother who was anal about her credit and was able to afford this gem! And thanks to me who found this bank-owned steal! Now we can't wait for her to come kick us out because then that will mean she lives here! I'd live in a dump if it meant I would get to live close to my mom! The kids are having a blast in the new house- we've enjoyed having friends and family come visit and play. Our empty cupboards are quite fun. And thanks to Breanne, I already have some decorations up! Its coming together! I anticipate many happy memories in this house too, and maybe we'll bring a baby or two home to this house:)



2 comments:
3 1/2 years in the old house? Wow, time does fly by. I need to come by and help too. I've only seen it once and that's before you moved in.
Congratulations! I can't wait to see your new place, I'm sure it's amazing. I hope you're hanging in there....I think moving and looking for a job are probably my two least favorite things in the world to do. We need more pics of the mansion and especially that closet!!!
Post a Comment