102 because this is our second go-round at potty training (Lydi the first obviously) and I think its gone a bit better as most things do the second time around. Jack is actually a little younger than Lydi was when we started her but he just really wanted to do it! He has done such a great job! We started about a week and a half ago and Jarom was on it! He laid out a big blue sheet so we would be able to see if he had an accident. We kept him in the living room most of the day by playing all his favorite movies and filling him up on salty foods (to make him thirsty) and a TON to drink including soda... yeah he was a happy camper (I was dying inside however at the slothful day and the nasty intake of sugar and junk) but it worked! He went on the potty like 6 times and it helped him learn.
He has done really well, way fewer accidents lately but we haven't mastered #2 yet. He is a little afraid to do that I think- he had to go so bad yesterday. We had him sit on the potty a hundred times but nothing. Then last night he went in his diaper right as he was falling asleep and Jarom smelled him so while he was sleeping I changed his little diaper. Poor buddy! He'll get it though! He may not say a ton but he's a smart boy who likes to be clean- perfect potty training candidate! I feel that both Jarom and I have improved a ton at trying to stay positive and keep things happy even when he has an accident and it has definitely helped. We'll see how we do as he keeps going #2 in his pants- our patience may wear a little thin...
Here is our big boy:
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm so scared of potty training! I don't even know where to start (or when). I don't think Collin is quite ready yet anyway, but I'm so nervous!!
And Collin doesn't say much by words yet either although sometimes he babbles a lot at random times. That must be a boy thing! ;)
Way to Go JacK!!!! I'm so proud of him, that made it easy for you, that he was the one that wanted it. Trista is so smart, but soo stubborn! So i quit within a day of trying everytime.
Post a Comment