Well this week was a doozy. I guess every week is, ever since I had Taylor of course. Its so true that as you have more kids- the highs get higher and the lows get lower but its so so worth the lows to have these extreme highs.
Monday: Extreme high- we went to the Visitors Center at the temple for FHE. I swear the devil was working overtime to get us not to go. I told myself like 5 times that day - well maybe we'll just have to go another time. But we perservered and we made it! The kids were so good and I loved showing them the beautiful pictures. Highlight of the trip: sitting in front of the Christus statue with my little family and remembering when I was there almost 6 years ago deciding if I was going to marry Jarom. Then I felt an overwhelming peace knowing that my fears about marriage were known and experienced firsthand by Christ and had been overcome. I knew I could do it then. Fast forward to the present... I can't believe I have these 3 babies and this wonderful man- I had no idea how wonderful then.
Tuesday: Pretty Low- Lydi started throwing up- then more throw up- then more- then extreme fever etc etc etc... laundry laundry- more laundry, guilt for the other 2 that I'm ignoring, guilt for being a little impatient with Lydi's whining since I know she is in pain, more laundry, upholstery cleaning (twice). Luckily I had just read about Emma Smith helping all the Saints who had malaria while she herself was struggling and I felt strengthened thinking- hmmm I just have one daughter, who I love, that is sick. Not a house full of randoms to take care of!
Wednesday: boredom, cabin fever, a lot of tending to poor Lyd, but not so bad
Thursday: ok get me out of here! Hey Jarom- I think we need something at the grocery store- I'll go!!! C'mon Jack! At least we breathed some fresh air that day. Poor Lydi :(
Friday: Lydi's better but not perfect, should probably stay in, for some reason I just felt so antsy and then it came- the inspiration I needed: just play with the kids- drop everything and play. I did whatever they wanted to do that whole day and it was GREAT! Major high! I decided this needs to be a Friday tradition!
Saturday: chores and some yelling- rushed off to baptisms- felt guilty about the yelling - realized I need to prod with more tenderness and patience- got quite a bit done and got to spend time with family. Finally Jarom's home. There is nothing better than seeing your husband after a long day. (he had a review that whole day)
Sunday: HIGHLIGHT: It was just Jack and me at church and the sacrament was coming. He scooted all the way to the edge of the bench and looked at me like he wanted me to watch him. It was the water so I was a little nervous. He carefully took the cup by himself, drank it slowly, and softly put it in the right spot. Then he looked at me with the hugest grin ever. It totally melted me.
To sum-up: I don't really know why I felt about writing about my week- it really wasn't that significant I suppose- I've probably had weeks almost identical to this one. I just feel happy right now and realize that all the little insignificant things I do really do add up.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I love these kind of posts. And the honesty you share. You're good at capturing the details too. I'm forget the details quickly.
Glad you shared this! ... Hope Lydi is feeling better. Taya was sick this week too (but only for a day) - sidenote, Taya is unusually pleasant each time she is sick - she is so much more mellow & does not really whine, so each time I feel a little guilty for enjoying the peaceful mood she is in. ha.
I love this.
I love you.
Post a Comment